Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw an SSR up close.. honestly, I just dont care much for it..

I have had a deposit on mine from my local dealer for almost a yr, but after seeing one up close.. changed my mind...

Now, after just calling my dealer.. he says I will lose my deposit if I dont take it.. I can sell this truck to a friend, but by doing the deal the way the dealership wants.. I will have to pay sales taxes then sell it..

The dealer says he will lose his allocation if he does not sell a presold order to the person that ordered it.. is there any truth to that?

My vehicle build date is Dec 15.. should be here near Christmas.

Is there any way to get out of this deal without losing my deposit that you know of..?

·
Registered
130 Posts
"The dealer says he will lose his allocation if he does not sell a presold order to the person that ordered it.. "

Sounds like BS to me. If you are like most everyone else, your SSR is late, that should be enough to get you your deposit back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer Metro Cheverolet in Columbus refunded my deposit after the long delay in getting the truck. However, when the truck came in and I saw it, I decided I had to own it and bought it that day.

A dealer should have no problems selling their allocation to anyone with supply being so short this year. Sounds as if he is a greedy dealer with his best interest in mind.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts