Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm itching to pull the trigger on a 2005 6 spd, but part of me keeps nagging to hold off a bit and see what might be coming...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Pesos,

You might pull that trigger now. I am hearing there will not be an 06. The run for the SSR might be over. You don't have to go crazy now but keep an eye pealed because if it's true,
there will be a demand for the remaing vehicles.

Regards,
Joe

J

·
0 Posts
2006 model year changes

The changes for the 2006 year are going to be great. They are offering a new color,some new trim inside and mabey some exterior goodies.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Coming SSR,s

So JimJacks you kinda of make the real situation sound a little better for me anyway but like you say the 2006 will be a little bit better then the 07 will really be up to par.So for us SSR owners that have a gripe maybe we need to cool our jets sort of to speak and give them another yr or two.Then they will be upgraded and just like the PT a dime a doz but will look forward to seeing the newer up grades waiting for GM to kick in. :yesnod

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Welcome!

jimjacks7 said:
Hey there the buzz about the ssr being pulled is false I build them up here in Lansing and the 06 is going to be a bit better than the 05. Jim
HI Jim,
Welcome! To our great forum. I look forward to hearing more from you. Conceivably you can help provide us with more insight and maybe even some more up-to-date information on what is happening at your plant. I was able to take a tour at your grand facility last May and I thought everyone there did a remarkable job at assembling the SSRs.

I for one am glad to hear they are bringing in more engineers to help improve and enhance our beloved SSRs. I am looking ahead to more improvements refinements for the future of the SSRs!
:thumbs

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Bring on the 07!!!!!!

Thanks JimJacksSeven,

Might buy that 2007 SSR after the warranty my 03 ends....

RickSSR :cool

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
jimjacks7 said:
Hey there the buzz about the ssr being pulled is false I build them up here in Lansing and the 06 is going to be a bit better than the 05. Better rockers,all that fake aluminum trim is all going chrome and we are adding a new color too. ***[Edit]*** Jim
And maybe some some fixes for those of us with the older models???

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I am not convinced.

I for one am not so taken by Jim's insiders comments. One member's word, full of biased views, can not be easily accepted as a fact that I can bank on.

There may be some truth to the Jim's claim about the not so qualified temp workers, ( his view seems just anti non-union ), however, GM should not be so judged incompetent as so described by Jim.

Plans of 06, 07 SSR I would imagine are in the works. But if the sales doesn't meet the expectations...........
The workers at the plants just like us can only guess at what the management/administration will do and even with some inside info, rumours and speculation are bound to fluorish. I believe they are in the dark as we are about the future of our SSRs.

This may all be my ignorance since I've never been or worked at the factory, but I would take caution about acepting one man's word so easily and quickly

S

·
0 Posts
It's great that Jim has confidence in the continued production of the SSR, but on one hand it's troubling to hear such negativity about ASC from what seems to be a GM skilled tradesman, on the other it's troubling knowing that he probably isn't in a position to know these kinds of details and was fed this negativity by someone else.

If there's something that's going to stop the heartbeat of this Chevy, it's projecting a negative image in front of our customers and fostering a combative relationship with GM's suppliers.

And all of this fingerpointing is pretty pointless, much of ASC's key engineering staff is actually composed of retired GM engineers.

That said, I would suggest looking to the recent SEMA show and to the upcoming (January '05) Detroit Auto Show. I don't have any knowledge of what is definitely going into production, but I've certainly read my share of ideas on these forums that I've seen on concept vehicles being built at ASC for these shows. (Including some that have gone into the '05 SSR)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
saharajohn said:
I for one am not so taken by Jim's insiders comments. One member's word, full of biased views, can not be easily accepted as a fact that I can bank on.

There may be some truth to the Jim's claim about the not so qualified temp workers, ( his view seems just anti non-union ), however, GM should not be so judged incompetent as so described by Jim.

Plans of 06, 07 SSR I would imagine are in the works. But if the sales doesn't meet the expectations...........
The workers at the plants just like us can only guess at what the management/administration will do and even with some inside info, rumours and speculation are bound to fluorish. I believe they are in the dark as we are about the future of our SSRs.

This may all be my ignorance since I've never been or worked at the factory, but I would take caution about acepting one man's word so easily and quickly
It was my impression that Jim was talking about workers at ASC - not GM

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
correction

Change Gm -> ASC. Everythingelse remains the same

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Mixed Signals can hurt!

houtex said:
It was my impression that Jim was talking about workers at ASC - not GM
I agree with houtex's take on Jim's reply... when I first read his reply I had thought he was talking about GM also but after re-reading the reply it then became more apparent that he was actually talking about ASC's problems. :skep

slipangle said:
It's great that Jim has confidence in the continued production of the SSR, but on one hand it's troubling to hear such negativity about ASC... know these kinds of details and was fed this negativity by someone else.

... If there's something that's going to stop the heartbeat of this Chevy, it's projecting a negative image in front of our customers and fostering a combative relationship with GM's suppliers.

... And all of this fingerpointing is pretty pointless, much of ASC's key engineering staff is actually composed of retired GM engineers.
I concur with slipangle’s thoughts on this too! Finger pointing can only cause more apprehension and unwanted worry for everyone and really never accomplishes much of anything and can often hurt more than help our product(s).

saharajohn said:
I for one am not so taken by Jim's insiders comments. One member's word, full of biased views, can not be easily accepted as a fact that I can bank on. ... GM should not be so judged incompetent as so described by Jim. ... Plans of 06, 07 SSR I would imagine are in the works. But if the sales doesn't meet the expectations....

... The workers at the plants just like us can only guess at what the management/administration will do and even with some inside info, rumours and speculation are bound to fluorish. I believe they are in the dark as we are about the future of our SSRs.

HI SaharaJohn,

You certainly have some great insight! All the information we read in our forum has to be taken with an open mind and also realizing where it is coming from too. However, having someone like Jim to give us "his" take into what "some" on the plant floor maybe hearing and or saying... can certainly make for some interesting reading. He unquestionably has heard some rumors and has repeated them back to us. I look forward to hearing more from him because he can perhaps provide us with some "well-informed" information too! I.E. chrome trim is coming and also new color(s) and other items we could only perhaps guess at. As you alluded to before we all know rumors can and do run wild at every plant location thus, we must read between the lines so-to-speak to get a more accurate story.

:flag

·
Registered
49 Posts
Marc NY said:
HI Jim,
Welcome! To our great forum. I look forward to hearing more from you. Conceivably you can help provide us with more insight and maybe even some more up-to-date information on what is happening at your plant. I was able to take a tour at your grand facility last May and I thought everyone there did a remarkable job at assembling the SSRs.

I for one am glad to hear they are bringing in more engineers to help improve and enhance our beloved SSRs. I am looking ahead to more improvements refinements for the future of the SSRs!
:thumbs
As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that they can do in 2006 as far as improvements is concerned is to get rid of the rattles and make sure the windows are sealed properly and the number ONE thing that GM can do is put that LS7 engine in it with a better suspension. Let them 427's roar with the flowmaster 40's in it . :reddevil

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
The Z06 was officially unveiled today at the Detroit Auto Show - lots of detail on the 427, but no pricing yet. Rumours on the Vette sites are anywhere from $60 - 75K. Sure would like to know what the 427 (7L) adds to the cost - would give us a pretty good idea how much an SSR would need to sell for to cover the engine. 500 HP would definitely mean some drivetrain upgrades to manage the power.

Hope GM hears you on this one - I'm happy with the 03, and would probably not sell it, but I'm in if they do the 427.

Ray

1 - 15 of 15 Posts