Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody hauled anything in the bed of the SSR? Just wondering how big the bed is?

I don't have one yet but I'm thinking about it. I am in the bouncy boxing biz and it would be really neat to use a SSR as my hauler. The ring doesn't weigh much about 300 lbs and it folds up to very tight package for transporting.
Anybody got specs on the cargo area?

·
Registered
153 Posts
A Humidifier home from Lowe's (ya the big one):glol
When I loaded it up a guy was watching and commented that he was shocked it fit.:eek But than that's why I didn't get the Vette:seeya

·
Registered
86 Posts
2 golf bags and 2 midsize suitcases...fit nicely...I don't have either the soft or hard
storage installed at this time. Also have carried 4 tires and wheels, almost could not close lid with those.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
I have

I hauled ass in it 3 or 4 times.:glol

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
low clearance

I needed to haul a baby's high chair to a friend's house, and also show my new ride to them. Guess what--the tonneau cover wouldn't close!:banghead So I did the next best thing and put it in the back seat of the wife's car. :banghead :mad :cry

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
canvas, paints, brushes, mini-printing press and lots of student artwork everyday:) ...but top wouldn't close when trying to haul dog kennel back from vet, dog nanny took it down, had to ride home with cover up:eek ... 1 mile, low speed

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
Let' see

On a road trip,

two duffle bags
three carry on bags (wifes things, hair dryers, irons, shampoos, etc.)
one large tool chest 850 lbs.
milk crate of cleaing and polishing supplies
3 coolers (1 large for beer, 2 small for sodas)
two lawn chairs
two umbrelas
extra coats for if it was cold or rainy
Floor jack
and one 1/8 scale SSR custom painted to match.
and still had some extra room, not much, but some.

Don't believe it? Ask some of the folks that were on the power tour last year.

From the home improvement store,

1,000 lbs of sandblasting sand. (in bags )

To a customers place to paint some items for him that couldn't be brought to the shop.

4 paint guns
200 feet of air hose
cases of paints,primers, clears, thinners, rags, paper, tape, etc. etc
Some tools for disassembly of items on the spot.

That aught to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Full Trunk

I am currently carrying , 12 -110 ft water hoses, 2 camping chairs. 2 rolls of outdoor carpeting 1-6x8ft , 1- 10 x12ft, and finally a Cal. Car Cover . Truck handles like a Dream , both driveing and pulling behind my motor home .:seeya

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like this little beast will do what I want it to do. This truck is awesome.
I think I want one real bad.

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
The Truck

Is only as cool as the people who drive it:cool

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Just do it!

splinter said:
Sounds like this little beast will do what I want it to do. This truck is awesome.
I think I want one real bad.

No, no, no, don't think, just do it. There ain't nobody out there that's gonna be able to wipe the S*** eating grin off of your face for over a month !!!
I wish I had a camera when my wife came home after her 1st time driving it alone. OK, I was too afraid to go with her LOL

She said take it back, take it back, there's something wrong with it! WHAT??? It won't go the speed limit!!!!!!!!! :glol

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
4 Hoosier slicks - mounted, floor jack, tools, spare parts, mini air compressor, bunch of other small items. 1000 miles. Return trip had trophies as well. Oh yeah, was towing my other car too. 100+ outside temps cruising 70ish in AC comfort the whole way.

Lovin' it:cool :cool :cool

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hauling

It pulls my 20' cuddy (single axle trailer) without raising a bead of sweat. It's no Suburban by any stretch.......but it will definitely haul most people's toys comfortably and, I might add, with a level of class you'll never realize with a Suburban..........:cool

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Just remember you can carry anything with the cover off but if you want to shut the top, well it better be under 16inches tall or the top won't close.!!! But as you can see it has hauled a lot!!! Someone even put a washer or dryer in the back :eek

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
She said take it back, take it back, there's something wrong with it! WHAT??? It won't go the speed limit!!!!!!!!! :glol[/QUOTE]

I called my service tech the day after I brought home & told him there was something wrong with the accelerator. It wouldn't go under 90!!!! He actually thought I was serious for a moment:glol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts