Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking out the plastic bedliner that came with my 2004 SSR and having a Rhino Liner bed liner sprayed on. Has anybody done this? Any reason not too. I use my SSR as a truck and find the plastic bedliner too slippery. I would also spray the inside of the tailgate.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Willie said:
I am thinking about taking out the plastic bedliner that came with my 2004 SSR and having a Rhino Liner bed liner sprayed on. Has anybody done this? Any reason not too. I use my SSR as a truck and find the plastic bedliner too slippery. I would also spray the inside of the tailgate.

The answer is yes. DetTweety had it done and one of our members actually did it: thatrhinoguy from Baltimore, MD.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Ricochet said:
Why not just have the plastic liner sanded?
Not sure why you want to do this, besides if you had ever used a truck with a palkstic liner you would know that the truck tends to rust out between the liner and the plastic. Actually not sure why you would use the SSR bed for anything more then non-essentials.

I will say this, if you spray the bed and tail gate red, the sun will eventually fade ti to pink, so go black. Good luck!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Work Truck

Hey Mike, I am thrilled to see that someone else uses their SSR for everyday uses.
I had mine about a week when I strapped a roll of flooring on the cargo cover. Needless to say this brought on alot of criticism,but what the hey, its just a truck.
peace Bud :cool

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Plastic Bedliner???

have never seen a Plastic bedliner... Mine came with carpeting, and when the body shop pulled the carpeting out to do the repair work for my hit-n-run incident, they found out that the bed was not even painted, just primered.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did a self-install swap from plastic to GM carpet. Looking at the bed when "in between" it looks like a Rhino style spray in liner would work just fine.

And... mine was painted, but not glossy/clearcoated.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a great thread. I just bought one and I'm planing on getting it Line X,ed. I got my SSR so I could have something sporty to drive when I need to haul something. Probably be getting it done soon, so I'll post pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Rhino and Line X would work out just fine. But if you want an exact match to your color SSR check out the SEM Protex Tintable liner. They use the same paint pigment and formulation as the vehicle is painted with. Solid, metallics, and pearls. Also will not fade out like the others, not that this application would be a problem with the deck likd.

send me a PM if you want more info,
kroozn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts