Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about taking out the plastic bedliner that came with my 2004 SSR and having a Rhino Liner bed liner sprayed on. Has anybody done this? Any reason not too. I use my SSR as a truck and find the plastic bedliner too slippery. I would also spray the inside of the tailgate.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Doesn't sound like a bad idea. What color rhino ya gonna get?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I've been toying with the same idea, but I'm wondering how much that stuff weighs after it's applied? My husband has a Rhino liner in his Silverado .

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Willie said:
I am thinking about taking out the plastic bedliner that came with my 2004 SSR and having a Rhino Liner bed liner sprayed on. Has anybody done this? Any reason not too. I use my SSR as a truck and find the plastic bedliner too slippery. I would also spray the inside of the tailgate.
Here is a private message I got when I inquired about the same thing:

Hello,

I noticed in a trend that you installed the rino lining. How do you like it.

I was thinking of doing the same but was worried about the inner rails and the back cover seating.

Did you also do the tail gate.

Thanks,
Jay

Hey Jay,
I love it, they did a really good job.
They did do the tailgate. They took the plastic linning out completely, even on the tailgate. They left the cargo cover hinges on and taped around them. I wanted them removed too, but they didn't want to have a problem with putting them on and then realigning the cover.The side and floor rails were removed.

Bard

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cargo Liner

On kind of the same subject I have the cargo trim package and have been searching for a "cargo Liner' ala Weathertech ads in the back pages of Motor Trend. It's more like a molded pan than a bed liner, you know the one with the Golden Retriever in the back of the Trail Blazer. I'd absolutely love to have one of those. No not the golden Retriever. Anyone seen one?

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Ricochet said:
Why not just sand and rough up the factory liner bottom or use a rubber mat?[/QUOTE]:eek :nodno :eek that wouldn't be very attractive...I would opt for the Rhinoliner if I didn't have the carpet option:thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
smokin'vegas said:
On kind of the same subject I have the cargo trim package and have been searching for a "cargo Liner' ala Weathertech ads in the back pages of Motor Trend. It's more like a molded pan than a bed liner, you know the one with the Golden Retriever in the back of the Trail Blazer. I'd absolutely love to have one of those. No not the golden Retriever. Anyone seen one?
Check out any of the hot rod mags, they have ads out the ***about all that stuff.

or JCWhitney!!! Good Luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thought I'd reserect this and see if anyone has done this recently. I'm kind of thinking about it if mine leaks and the carpet gets moldy.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,451 Posts
Thought I'd reserect this and see if anyone has done this recently. I'm kind of thinking about it if mine leaks and the carpet gets moldy.
Sorry, Shark Diver, not much help with an SSR but I did have Rhino sprayed in my then new '87 Silverado and when I sold it 18 years later, it looked as new as on the very first day.

If I ever buy another Pick-Up, I'll definitely go for Rhino again.

Good Luck,

Curt

! :crazy ! :nono ! :glol ! :nono ! :crazy !

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
One of the Jersey Guys did his DetTweety is his name may want to PM him

:thumbs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts