Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honest posts ONLY!!!! How long after your SSR purchase did you get a speeding ticket? Or if you haven't yet, don't repond so you don't junx yourself.

For me it was today, 4 months after purchase.

Coz :nodno

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well I know this is going to open me up to much critisism but it was a proper ticket and the officer was so nice to not even site me for the full on amount.

Since you guys know Phoenix, it was on the new stretch of Southbound 202 coming off 60 East. There are no cars using it yet and it's a good stretch to Elliott where it ends right now. Had the wife with me no one around (except the police guy) opened it up hit triple digits and that let off, he got me around a bend at a little under triple digits. not proud just thought is was funny really.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Smile

Coz,

Yours qualifies as "Proper". :thumbs

I once got written for 62 in a 55. The officer was not nice and there was no humor in telling that story.....

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Coz said:
well I know this is going to open me up to much critisism but it was a proper ticket and the officer was so nice to not even site me for the full on amount.

Since you guys know Phoenix, it was on the new stretch of Southbound 202 coming off 60 East. There are no cars using it yet and it's a good stretch to Elliott where it ends right now. Had the wife with me no one around (except the police guy) opened it up hit triple digits and that let off, he got me around a bend at a little under triple digits. not proud just thought is was funny really.

Coz,
If you just would have offered to let him take it for a spin back up to the 60 and back down to Elliot, you may have gotten out of it. Was it a DPS or Mesa Cop?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Smiles

I got pulled over on US 60 @ Ironwood doing 89 mph. Was lucky enough to get a warning by DPS and he suggested I get the Speedo Calibrated. Of course I agreed the speedometer must be wrong as I stated I was only doing 69 in a 65 zone. :ssr

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
I got stopped the first day on the way to work by the TEXAS DPS in rush hour traffic. He clocked me doing 65 in a 60 zone and stopped me for no front tag. There was no way he picked me off in the bumper to bumper traffic that was averaging 70. I got 2 warnings. I do believe he stopped because he had never seen a SSR.

·
Registered
216 Posts
In the middle of disputing a 65/45 ticket. It's kind of humorous...
1. I received a ticket for speeding in construction zone with workers present.
2. I called the watch captain to complain no workers were present, and the work zone wasn't marked.
3. Before the captain could get there, the original officer came by and said he removed the work zone and workers present statements.
4. Go to court to get a trial date, and mention officer wrote the wrong code on the ticket. Case Dismissed...or is it?
5. Original officer pulls me back over the next day and re-issues the ticket with the correct code.
6. I go to court again, and am sitting there joking with the officer (he was pretty cool)
7. Case is called, I ask judge where is the prosecutor? He decides to continue the case over my objections to allow a prosecutor to be present.
8. Outside, I wait to talk to the original officer. He explains he will be out of town when the new court date is.

You gotta love Kangaroo courts!

In the future, before you just pay, try these sites out..

www.tipmra.com just click the members link at the bottom left.

http://jesbeard.com/29ab.htm decent advice

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Crown N Coke said:
Radar Detector! :thumbs

How about

Don't Speed

oh, wait what am I talking about :boxing

·
Registered
90 Posts
I met one on a two lane road,the other day, I was doing about
95MPH with my foot on the brake.
Took my foot off the brake and mashed the gas.
Went over a hill before he got turned around.
Took the first road to the right.
Mashed the gas again.
I won that one.
No ticket!

Put the truck in hiding for about a month.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Didn't get a ticket, But I got a warning for improper take off, I was making a right had turn from a light and went WOT got the truck sideways just as an officier pulled up to the light :banghead

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KySSR said:
Didn't get a ticket, But I got a warning for improper take off, I was making a right had turn from a light and went WOT got the truck sideways just as an officier pulled up to the light :banghead

KySSR, gets best story thus far. I've done those Starsky and Hutch take offs plenty but never in front of a cop. You get my vote.

Coz

Drive it like you stole it.

Im a member of the hellraiser burning rubber club...hey wait I should start a Phoenix chapter of that....who's in?

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
I got a warning for doing 81 in a 70mph zone in Indiana. Cop was pretty nice about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One year after purchess 76 in a 55. but the cop gave me a broken speedo on the ticket. funny a black ford dully was right next to me doing the same speed.
i guess the red sports car spands out a little. :ssr :ssr

·
Registered
61 Posts
Info for Piddler

Thought that you might like to know that the HP in most states is getting high tech. A lot of the video that is popular on sites and TV is digital video. Many of the newer systems are active full time and continually update a loop of the last three minutes. When the trooper activates the camera system or the emergency lights the last three minutes is captured and video continues until manually discontinued. This digital video is easy to enhance and capture a LP. Please be careful out there; a "fleeing or evading charge" can be very serious. I some of the east coast states it can be a felony. In TX it could be just a little light county jail time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts