cam & heads

2C5only21 said:
Topic says it all. kaley
ron dickson has done both. :seeya

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

i have done these mods twice to date. to set the stage,i was magnachargers first production ssr install i drove the car to their factory in ventura calf, and they had my car for 11 weeks while they fabracated parts and worked out the bugs in the program,ect. so the starting point for Vin#1422 was stock motor,trans. i also drove this car while i was in cal to hotchkis in sante fe springs where it was 4-coronered weighed and measured for future springs and bars, from there the car was driven to the flowmaster factory for a cat backsystem[their first for a ssr]. so now to your question of cam and heads. i took the car to modern day muscle cars in atlanta, where we made a set of 1/3/4" long tube headers which ended in 3"collectors, highflowcats, into a magnaflow 3"x-pipe into a flowmaster dual 3" in/out muffler into a flowmaster dual 3" exhaust. in atlanta we put on a set of patriot LS6 ported and polished heads and a special grind cam that turned out to be too hot for me.my goal with this car was to be as fast as possible, while being completly streetable. the first dyno#s where 450hp with 565ft lbs of tq.at the rear wheels on a dynolab dyno. it was great except for a couple of things. the idle was crazy, you needed 2 feet on the brake at red lights, we couldn't cool it ,ect. so we pulled that cam and installed a cam that is very similar to a stock ZO6 cam

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

after the install of teh ZO6 cam we had all of our vacum back nice idle and onthe dyno we still wound up with 405hp and 515 ft. lbs. of tq. this car now acts as my daily driver. i live in fla and temp is very important as a/c is a way of life. there are many more details which i would be glad to share. my phone is 863 651 6755 and my e-nail is [email protected] :)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ron dickson said:
after the install of teh ZO6 cam we had all of our vacum back nice idle and onthe dyno we still wound up with 405hp and 515 ft. lbs. of tq. this car now acts as my daily driver. i live in fla and temp is very important as a/c is a way of life. there are many more details which i would be glad to share. my phone is 863 651 6755 and my e-nail is [email protected] :)
Ron hows the car doing?

·
Registered
62 Posts
ron dickson

vin #1422 now has 10,800 enjoyed miles on it and getting stronger every day. if someone had a goal of fast and very streetable this is a great combo. next issue becomes traction. has any one had any or worked on any traction issues?? ron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts