Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was invited through Make-A-Wish to tour the SSR plant in Lansing Michigan back in 2005 and I received one of these glass plaques as a gesture. Does anyone have one of these? I do not own a SSR and would like to rehome it with someone to grow their collection. Not sure how much it is worth but they were very limited, I think there was only about 100 available. So i believe they are pretty rare.

Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
Thank you for reaching out to re-home this item to a SSR Fanatic that may have been to the Homecoming Event but didn't receive one. Hopefully someone will see your post soon and make a comment or send you a private message ("conversation").
馃榿

Ex SoCal Nut
I'd like to talk with you about this in depth. I see this is your first post, so you can e-mail me to [email protected]. Just put Subject as "Glass Plaque"... I'll know... THX

One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
I was invited through Make-A-Wish to tour the SSR plant in Lansing Michigan back in 2005 and I received one of these glass plaques as a gesture. Does anyone have one of these? I do not own a SSR and would like to rehome it with someone to grow their collection. Not sure how much it is worth but they were very limited, I think there was only about 100 available. So i believe they are pretty rare.

View attachment 599652
Can you share the dimensions with us? Looks like a very nice momento.
Do you plan to hang around and maybe be in the market for an SSR?
Curious minds want to know!

Reactions: Railroad Guy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you share the dimensions with us? Looks like a very nice momento.
Do you plan to hang around and maybe be in the market for an SSR?
Curious minds want to know!
Base length is 7 7/8", base with is 2", total height is 7 5/8", top portion is 5" wide by 7" high by 3/4" thick. I just purchased a 2016 Camaro RS turbo but I have really liked the look of the SSR since I visited the plant.

One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
Base length is 7 7/8", base with is 2", total height is 7 5/8", top portion is 5" wide by 7" high by 3/4" thick. I just purchased a 2016 Camaro RS turbo but I have really liked the look of the SSR since I visited the plant.
Thanks for the information. Now we have something else to keep an eye out for,

Reactions: Railroad Guy

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was there and have never seen them. get some verification before money is
spent.
It was in one of the tents they handed them out. I'm not making this up or how would I have acquired it. It's a legit engraved plaque. It's been 16 years so I'm not able to remember names. I might have some pictures of myself there that day but I would have to do some digging.

Premium Member
It was in one of the tents they handed them out. I'm not making this up or how would I have acquired it. It's a legit engraved plaque. It's been 16 years so I'm not able to remember names. I might have some pictures of myself there that day but I would have to do some digging.

Registered
'04 pure stock silver SSr
Just for some added clarification; I had emailed Bob Walczyk to see if Chevrolet had made up and sponsored those plaques and he said NO that he would have remembered paying for them if they had.
MARC.... Are you the one who had a 2004 Silver SSr that was the first one to come out of the factory with 'chrome' wheels??? If so, I met you back at the Woodward Dream Cruise when Rick Waggoner (CEO of GM at the time) and the SSr group had the deal at the 'Coney Island' restaurant on Woodward. My wife and I were there with our red '03 SSr that was delivered to us the 1st day they were released to the public. You may be the one that sent us a poster size picture you 'photo-shopped' to eliminate the telephone wires. We sold that car after 13 years and 90,000 trouble free miles. We just bought an '04 silver pure stock one with 21,000 this past weekend at the Mecum Dallas Auction. I feel 20 years younger again....

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Posted on ebay for auction if interested!

Registered
I was there and I don't remember getting a plaque.... Maybe they were 'awards' for some of the tricked out R's that were on display on the grass????

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was there and I don't remember getting a plaque.... Maybe they were 'awards' for some of the tricked out R's that were on display on the grass????
Not sure if they went to the owners but they were giving them away in the big tent. Probably to general managers or some sort of higher ups. I was there to represent make a wish as I was a cancer patient in 2004. Currently 17 years in remission.

Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
MARK.... Are you the one who had a 2004 Silver SSr that was the first one to come out of the factory with 'chrome' wheels??? If so, I met you back at the Woodward Dream Cruise when Rick Waggoner (CEO of GM at the time) and the SSr group had the deal at the 'Coney Island' restaurant on Woodward. My wife and I were there with our red '03 SSr that was delivered to us the 1st day they were released to the public. You may be the one that sent us a poster size picture you 'photo-shopped' to eliminate the telephone wires. We sold that car after 13 years and 90,000 trouble free miles. We just bought an '04 silver pure stock one with 21,000 this past weekend at the Mecum Dallas Auction. I feel 20 years younger again....
Hi, yes I do remember you and your wife. :) It was a great time indeed at the 04 WDC. Point of clarification: I didn't get the first "Chrome Wheels" but I was the FIRST to get the regular production SSR to have the "Auxiliary Gauge" package. BTW: Congratulations on your second beautiful Silver SSR!!!

Registered
Hi, yes I do remember you and your wife. :) It was a great time indeed at the 04 WDC. Point of clarification: I didn't get the first "Chrome Wheels" but I was the FIRST to get the regular production SSR to have the "Auxiliary Gauge" package. BTW: Congratulations on your second beautiful Silver SSR!!!
Small world isn't it! BTW, are you the "Marc NY" that posts on the midenginecorvetteforum????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts