Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder or second guess myself about getting the A/T on my '05 (hideous Vegas traffic Ya know)..sometimes I really wish I could burn thru the gears..well there's an '06 6spd near me..maybe I'll go drive it..Lordy, here we go again..do we have a 12 step program..??:leaving

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I never second guess myself. :lol I like the 6 spd but I don't want to shift gears all the time, Drove a standard for years in the city to much of a pain! Plus now we have a jeep and corvette both standard I guess if I feel the need I can drive those!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
12 Step Program

CashSax said:
I wonder or second guess myself about getting the A/T on my '05 (hideous Vegas traffic Ya know)..sometimes I really wish I could burn thru the gears..well there's an '06 6spd near me..maybe I'll go drive it..Lordy, here we go again..do we have a 12 step program..??:leaving
Yes, brother....:angel We can help you through this.:skep

Go buy a second one with a 6 speed.:yesnod Then you can choose what to drive.:cool

Mikey:jester

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was gonna wait for hemi challenger to start shifting gears again, but who knows..they're a couple yrs off...and after all my old Camaro convert IS an A/T too..:rolleyes: now do I really want pacific blue???:eek

·
Registered
158 Posts
buy the 6 spd

Get the second one with a six speed. I did. They sit side by side in the garage. I keep hoping they mate and have a baby with a LS 7 in it. Maybe these trucks have driven me over the edge !!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I went thru the same decision as you...except i went the 6 speed route. Glad I did. Make it much more sporty and fun to drive. Everyone who gets in it comments on how neat it is to be a six speed.
Just each to his own I guess!!!:jester

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Nope, never gonna trade Betsy Blue for anything else. She's mine for life. Hubby can get whatever he wants, but she's mine.... ( would you say we have "bonded"?):jester

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
CashSax said:
I was gonna wait for hemi challenger to start shifting gears again, but who knows..they're a couple yrs off...and after all my old Camaro convert IS an A/T too..:rolleyes: now do I really want pacific blue???:eek

I know the feeling. I bought the 06 Black Tie when there was a Pacific Blue sitting right next to it. Every now and then I have I want it flashbacks.

:smash :smash :smash​

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I had to have the 6 speed and I love every minute of it. I think it really boils down to what you really want and to never deny your inner child. My inner child takes over way to much, ask my girlfriend she will tell you too.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
We're thankful.

Our owner bought a 6spd and we are very thankful. We were getting sooo bored with his driving.

His left foot and right hand.

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Yes, brother....:angel We can help you through this.:skep

Go buy a second one with a 6 speed.:yesnod Then you can choose what to drive.:cool

Mikey:jester
Thats only a two-step program :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
416 Posts
I got a great deal on my '05 automatic, because the previous owner found a six-speed he wanted. He sold it a couple of months after he got it, because he couldn't deal with shifting in Dallas metro traffic any longer. (He offered to buy mine back; I politely declined.)

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
I'm to lazy to shift :jester
The other hand is for the phone and radio controls.:eek

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
I didn't have a choice when i bought mine, they were all automatics. I have Corvette and Camaro that are six speeds so the automatic is fine. The supercharger makes it alot of fun to drive even being an automatic.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'll never trade "Black Betty" on anything. She is going with me to the grave, however, I am holding out for a new Solstice for autocrossing. I figure in a year or two, the stock ones on the market now will go for a song and I can beat the living daylights out of it on the track and save Black Betty for fun runs. Most folks will want the more powerful turbo version when it comes out this fall. My soul is aching for a SOL!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I went and drove the '06 6spd today...clutch and box feel kinda slushy for my taste..not too crisp and lotsa ways to get lost tryin to find gears with 6 speeds..also the "new" (85mi) '06 had a heck of a clunk somewhere in the rear drivetrain already...my A/T feels stronger off the line to me for some reason. I don't think it's sour grapes..but their price was out of whack too($44,206 for a basic model with chrome wheels)...they wanted 14 grand plus my 6K mi '05..I think NOT..Hey the the 6 speed is fun..I got to tear it up just a little on the demo..but it was God talking to me..I hit a humongeous traffic jam comin' home..my a/t got me home in a relaxed fashion..left it in Low when I hit my slower speed neighborhood..man those pipes sound great..:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I drove a stick for years in Dallas traffic, and even though I miss it occasionally, I sure am glad that I got the AT in mine. Sitting for 1 hr with my foot on the clutch is NOT my idea of fun anymore. I'll keep my AT. She and I are a pair!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I suppose that if I had to drive in traffic I might consider an auto, but I havn't seen a traffic jam in 6 years. Just clear sailing and lots of opportunity to stretch out the gears, and listen to the LS2 sing its song up and down the tach:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts