Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep this in mind when you foot starts to weigh heavier then your mind

Dallas and the state of Texas will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy.
The state estimates that 9 million dollars will be generated in speeding
tickets. 1 million will go to pay state troopers and Dallas Police officers
overtime. There will be 50 police officers and state troopers in the
Metroplex on duty at all times patrolling the 10 main intersections and
highways.

They are the following:

I-35E north and south

I-20 east and west

75 north and south

635 entire loop

114 east and west

183 east and west

175 north and south

North Dallas Tollway north and south

George Bush Turnpike east and west

360 north and south

Now 5 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every officer is
supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have
issued 30 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing
all their part timers on full time. If you work in Dallas or the
surrounding areas you must take one of these interstates, routes, or
parkways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. WBAP-820 AM
confirmed all of this yesterday morning.

So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Focks why didn't you just Wildcat stay home!!! :) But you know I am not the one to watch. Hubby and the vette are a terrible mix!!!! I am still betting he will get the first ticket!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I told you to put that block of wood under his gas pedal, but you wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
this info has been going around for a while - they always patrol 190 - just depends on which day they decide to hit you - beware the tx hp are getting crafty - they are keeping their radars turned off until they are on top of you and then hit it for a short burst - just enough to nail you - my husband picked one up tonite on the way to the deer lease - guy behind him decided to blast around after hubby hit the brakes - needless to say the other guy wasn't real happy when he got nailed as he topped the hill

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Sounds similar

Orange County traffic tickets

For those of us who like to drive fast.....

California Highway Patrol will launch a 30-day speeding ticket frenzy in South Orange County starting January 25, 2006. The state estimates that 22 million dollars will be generated in speeding tickets. 3 million will go to pay California Highway Patrol officer overtime. There will be 90 California Highway Patrol officers on duty at all times patrolling the 7 freeways. They are the following: 73, 55, 133, 241, 57, 5, 605 freeways

Now 7 mph above the limit can justify a ticket and every California Highway Patrol officers is supposed to pull a car over and write a ticket every 10 minutes. They have issued 50 brand new unmarked Crown Victoria cruisers and they are bringing all their part timers on full time. If you live or work in South Orange County you must take one of their freeways. It's up to you how fast you are doing when they do. This is a test by the CHP to raise the extra funds for the State of California. The wealthy folks of South Orange County can afford this new tax. The California State Legislators dreamed up this law to help close the budget gap or something like that. I was told KICU-FM confirmed all of this. So be safe and don't forget speeding tickets are on you.

You've been warned.

For more info and locations:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/newjersey.asp

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nancy24 said:
this info has been going around for a while - they always patrol 190 - just depends on which day they decide to hit you - beware the tx hp are getting crafty - they are keeping their radars turned off until they are on top of you and then hit it for a short burst - just enough to nail you - my husband picked one up tonite on the way to the deer lease - guy behind him decided to blast around after hubby hit the brakes - needless to say the other guy wasn't real happy when he got nailed as he topped the hill
2 questions:

Deer lease? I thought Deer season was over for the year. I need a new Deer lease to get on for next year. LOL

Plano, Tx.? Where in plano are you? Will you be joining us Next weelend at Cruiser's? I think you need to be there. i can write you a note.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I feel the need for speed just about every day. But now that I have had a speeding ticket recently and cannot go to traffic school for a year and a half I have to be very very very careful.:cry I try not to drive the Z06 too much. It is too tempting. :)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
RSHottel said:
I feel the need for speed just about every day. But now that I have had a speeding ticket recently and cannot go to traffic school for a year and a half I have to be very very very careful.:cry I try not to drive the Z06 too much. It is too tempting. :)
You might as well garage all of your cars for the next eighteen months.:banghead :smash​

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Our SSR's will get speeding tickets when parked because they look so fast. So no need in parking them, we might as well drive them like hell. Orrrrrrrrr we could drive them real slow and obstruct traffic everywhere we go. I think this ticket thing could really backfire.:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
you can always invest in a great radar detector - it's saved me a ton of $$$ - the one time I didn't turn it on, they got me

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nancy24 said:
you can always invest in a great radar detector - it's saved me a ton of $$$ - the one time I didn't turn it on, they got me
I had the detector on when he got me. It let me know I just got a ticket. I saw the CHP then the detector went crazy. I slowed down but it was too late. The CHP came up and said he got me at about 95+ which is about right. It is where the 210 opens up to 4 lanes and my exit is right there so I usually open it up as I get ready to exit. I don't do that anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
I had a THP that thought he had me - valentine one went off just before I crested the hill - hit the brakes - he got me 3 mi over - brakes in this thing are awesome - he laughed when he saw the RD, said he wondered how I knew he was there:lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts