Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so has anyone done any custom audio work? I have had custom stereo installs done on my f150, m3, and mini cooper and would not want to stay stock on the SSR if possible. however i have no idea where a subwoofer would go. perhaps JL could come up with a really clever stealthbox for it? also, have to figure out if there's room under the seats for amps...

has anyone tried anything like this yet?
Wes

C

·
0 Posts
you know ....
I had the same question? And I came across something of interest that I might have to look into. Earthquake makes a new line of subwoofers that are "low profile". 8 inch ... 10 inch ... and I believe a 12 ? BUT ..... the maximum mounting depth needed is ONLY 3 inches ???? I'm thinkin ... behind the seats mounted into the walls ?? I'm gonna have to do some research.

·
Registered
186 Posts
UpGrading your Sound

Well for Chris in Cali hey iam not connected with these people but they are doing some fantasic work with the SSR.They are also right here in Dublin Ca but there name is Ultimate Car Toys PH# 925-828-7200.So far what i have seen come out of there for the SSR is a DVD MP3 XM all in dash installed and they do the keyless Remote for alarm but can also open Roof and start car while your standing 20ft away kinda of cool people looking and all of a sudden the top start moving up or down but these people can probllay help you with all your toy needs ha ha lol anyway hope this helps you Doug. :lurk :lurk

G

·
0 Posts
Car amplifier

My dad really likes the sound system as it is, so he's going to leave it as is. It's kind of a shame though because I recently found a really nice aerodynamic-looking car amp that's body is really close, (in color), to the sling shot yellow paint job on our SSR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts