Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a new Vette or SSR (I have a vette now) but decided it was time for a little fun an dsomething different. So I ordered and new Black/Black SSR loaded 6 speed.

I must be honest I am getting nervous as I love my vette and am starting to think maybe I am making a mistake - I assume you all love your SSR's?

When I test drove the Auto it jerked every time its switched gears so I got a 6-speed. Is the jerk normal or just the one I drove. I live in So Cal and am also having fears about a 6 speed.

I do love the fact you never see these cars and gotta love a 400hp anything.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have an 05 SSR 6 Speed and love it. It is at Magnuson Products right now being fitted for the prototype intercooled Radix supercharger. It dynoed 340 RWHP before the install, they are going to pump 6 pounds of boost in it so we should see numbers around or over 450RWHP when done. I hope to have the SSR back from Magnuson Products friday of next week or early the next week.

I had a 2002 Z06 and like the SSR better if that helps at all. I just couldnt imagine having an automatic (I love to shift the 6 speed), you will not regret it.

Where do you live? I am in Vista and try to go over to Escondido for the cruise every other weekend.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There's nothing like a Vette...the only true American two seater sports car. There's nothing like an SSR...the only true American two seater convertible-retractable hardtop.

Would I rather have an SSR over a Corvette? Well, let's put it this way...I can always buy a Corvette, but will I always be able to buy an SSR. From what I've heard from a lot of reps, they already have the time set to discontinue the model. If you can't afford both at this time, I would definitely take the unique SSR over the power of the Corvette. Corvettes will always be around. :ssr :flag

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Trade In?

Since there's so many 2005's sitting around dealer lots, has anyone tried to trade up to an 05 with their 03 or 04 lately? What kind of trade difference were they talking? Would they even consider a trade plus $$ ? :skep

Scott 0168

·
Registered
256 Posts
Scott 0168 said:
Since there's so many 2005's sitting around dealer lots, has anyone tried to trade up to an 05 with their 03 or 04 lately? What kind of trade difference were they talking? Would they even consider a trade plus $$ ? :skep

Scott 0168
Thats A good ???? :ssr :thumbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts