Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had a bad fit with car covers for the SSR? I have purchaced 14 covers for various cars over the years, mostly from Caifornia Car Covers, and Big Sky Covers, they have always fit snuggly and perfectly contoured to the car.
I have ordered 2 different covers, sending the 1st back, only to have a poor fit starting from the end of the back windshield and continuing to the end of the truck. Espeacially bad is the fit on the top of the bed and back, it is baggy with extra folds of material that doesn't even look like they matched the contour of the bed or the fenders........David

·
Registered
590 Posts
The GM cover fits perfect, nice and snug !

·
Registered
349 Posts
California Car Cover Fit

I bought one of the first covers made for my #369 '03 from California Car Cover. It does fit kind of loose on top of the hood, but I like it that way. It makes it easy to remove and fold up on the top of the truck by myself. Also, notice how difficult it would be to make it fit glove tight with all the compound curves in different directions in the body. I'm sure it could be made to fit tightly with the Noah fabric, but it would be very costly. :)

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
California Car Cover

I also just got a Cal Car Cover. I ordered one for outdoors. It's a little loose, however I agree, that to fold it up easily being a little loose helps. I have an indoor one for 03 Corvette conv. and it fits real snug, however it is also a much lighter material. I would highly recomend Californai Cars Covers for there fit and they are great to deal with.

Richard Shute :) :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had problems with my car cover in that I had to clean out half the garage put hanging bins secured to the ceiling and have a much needed garage sale to make room for mine :lol

just kidding of course

Coz :reddevil

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't know about mine I took it out of the back and have never had it out of the bag, I am driving it all the time and don't have time to cover it

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
Car Cover

I have a Wolf car cover.It is made with the Noah fabric,for an SSR.
It is a loose fitting cover,but does not touch the floor.
Bought it from Summit Racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts