Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals! I am looking forward to purchasing a red ssr at the end of the year! I have a question for anyone who has put a magnacharger on the 05 model. Are you pleased? My worry was that it would not do much but spin the tires when I floor it from a standstill. Can the traction control handle this? How much hp are you getting now? Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
MagnaCharger

The supercharger makes a big power difference! The SSR we contributed to has the charger and wow! The vehicle we have put our kit on, also had a Detroit Locker which really fixes the slip issues. Very nice hook-up! the charger is definately worth it. The Detroit Lockers for this vehicle make a world of difference as you add HP.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on what gear you're in you will be able to spin the tires when you floor it. If you are in motion you probably won't have to worry about it so much. Your traction control will limit your tire spin. The magnacharger will give you another 100 or so hp. It is an awesome mod. I installed one on my Dads Z06 and it makes me smile everytime I get on it. Kaley

·
Registered
421 Posts
What's the part number for a supercharger for the new 2005 SSR with the 6.0L LS2 V8? How much is it? Who sells it? Anybody have any links?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can give you one for $5250.00 plus shipping. Let me know. Kaley

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is a Detroit Locker??

What is theis and where do I get one? How much?? Does the ssr get good traction in the rain/ snow??

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Gas prices here today: 89 octane: 2.69.99 .
Do you still want the magnacharger?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As long as you don't get on it the gas mileage is barely affected. In some cases the gas mileage actually improves. On my car I did heads/cam and my gas mileage went from 29 to 32mpg on the highway. So I got 100 more horsepower and better mileage. If anyone is interested in buying one of these please call me at 303 438 1571. Kaley

·
Registered
322 Posts
Detroit Locker

This is a pretty good explanation of a Detroit Locker........Hope it helps

www.detroitlocker.com
http://www.tractech.com/Products.htm
http://www.tractech.com/Distributors.htm

copied from some literature:

The Detroit Truetrac (Detroit Locker) is a helical gear limited slip differential for maximum traction on the street and at the track. the Detroit Truetrac design is unique because it contains no wearable parts (springs, friction plates, cones, and etc.) The Detroit Truetrac power transfer is smooth and unnoticeable by the driver at a very competitive price

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nascar use

2 the best of my knowledge....most if not all Nascar classes use the Detroit locker unit in their rear ends. ( no wise cracks) :nono Kinda gives u a hint in2 its reliability. :thumbs Back in the days...they were bout $300.00 + install if u needed it. ;)

We used'm in all our "Pullin Trucks" runnin 1100hp+ BBC's, KB's n Rodek's. Also used'm n round d round cars, match race cars n Pro street vehicles. NEVER blew'm up. :thumbs

I don't know bout the new units but u needed 2 b REAL careful driven'm on the street makin sharp turns. Tires jumpin n/or breakin 3rd member parts if ur hot foot'n it. :mad

Hav fun.... :seeya
:cool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts