Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nub (striker?) on my ashtray broke off. I know that Simple Engineering sells a repair kit for this and I did order one. However, looking at the instructions and photos there's quite a bit involved with this fix including cutting, gluing, etc., and it has to be done just-so to work. Even the web site description of the fix-it item states " Yes, it's an awful lot of work for such a little part" A job that I would just as soon not want to attempt. So, if anyone has one of those ashtray housings (GM Part# 10369536) feel free to PM me. I would be delighted to buy it from you.

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
SSR cup holder https://www.amazon.com/Front-Dash-Holder-1998-2005-1998-2002/dp/B074GZM98R/ coin tray https://www.ebay.com/itm/98-04-Audi-A6-S6-OEM-Dash-Card-Coin-holder-RETRACTABLE-STYLE-/273488424864 are actually VW/Audi stock items. Please note the following VW/Audi item numbers.

4BO 885 996 2SK = cup holder COVER ONLY
4BO 885 995 B = cup holder WITHOUT COVER

If you Google the above numbers you will find several sources for these SSR replacement components made by VW/Audi as OEM parts. You can also go directly to your local VW/Audi dealer to order these directly. These components were OEM items on VW/Audi starting in 1998 thru 2004.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip about the eBay listing. The thing that bothers the hell out of me is the notation on that listing that, "Seller does not accept returns." I'm a great believer in Murphy's Law. I think that I'll hold out a bit and see if anyone else may have one to offer.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,268 Posts
The nub (striker?) on my ashtray broke off. I know that Simple Engineering sells a repair kit for this and I did order one. However, looking at the instructions and photos there's quite a bit involved with this fix including cutting, gluing, etc., and it has to be done just-so to work. Even the web site description of the fix-it item states " Yes, it's an awful lot of work for such a little part" A job that I would just as soon not want to attempt. So, if anyone has one of those ashtray housings (GM Part# 10369536) feel free to PM me. I would be delighted to buy it from you.
Hmmmm, you purchased the kit but a little gun shy to install it so you would rather spend money on a replacement tray?

Well, if you pay shipping both ways and add a Hamilton in the box after you get the replacement part in hand feel free to PM me and I will do the repair for you. :smile2:

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Hmmmm, you purchased the kit but a little gun shy to install it so you would rather spend money on a replacement tray?

Well, if you pay shipping both ways and add a Hamilton in the box after you get the replacement part in hand feel free to PM me and I will do the repair for you. :smile2:
Here's your best solution !
You will get a quality repair job from a quality guy. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,919 Posts

And this is what the Fanatics are all about!!!!
:laugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts