Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received the April issue of GM Hi-Tech magazine, and was wondering about the product called Boost Cooler from Snow Performance. Sounds like a less expensive way than using Nitrous. Not that I am thinking about adding Nitrous, or anything else right now. But thought that this product sounded interesting and would like to hear any comments if any on this item........................Tom

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005SSR6Speed said:
It is a Meth injection to lower the intake air temps for the boosted engines. They have some nice kits.
Their site also stated can be used with turbo, and noramlly aspirated, besides supercharged, that is what got my attention. The amount of HP for the price seems decent for the increase that you receive. And it also works with an aggressive tune. It may just be what some of us Fanatics would be looking for who are on a budget (lol) like me after all of the SSR "stuff" I am buying.:) :) :)
Will have to try some of the other boards and see how many people have actually used this product and their results. It seems like they have been producing units for Ford vehicles, before they did GM. Anyway, just thought this would be an interesting topic to research.............................................................Tom

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
The problem with running one of these systems and a hot tune is that if the system goes down, is turned off or you run out of meth you can fry your engine.

There was a guy over on the performance truck site that took his truck in for some work at the dealership. The tech turned off his alky control and took it for a test drive. The engine had loss of compression in 4-6 cylinders due to being real lean with the system being turned on. The engine was blown and the dealership didn't want to pay the whole bill, they offered a cost share to him for a new engine.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005SSR6Speed said:
The problem with running one of these systems and a hot tune is that if the system goes down, is turned off or you run out of meth you can fry your engine.

There was a guy over on the performance truck site that took his truck in for some work at the dealership. The tech turned off his alky control and took it for a test drive. The engine had loss of compression in 4-6 cylinders due to being real lean with the system being turned on. The engine was blown and the dealership didn't want to pay the whole bill, they offered and cost share to him for a new engine.
From what you are saying, it sounds that it could be just as danagerous as nitrous, if you are not careful. Thanks for the feedback, still looking for more if anyone else has something to add........................................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts