Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been here in a couple years. I sold my 03 Smokin' Asphalt SSR around July of 2016 to CarMax. Just wondering if anyone here has it. The last part of the VIN was #1814. Just curious. I was the original owner and had the truck for almost 13 years. Such a fun truck and a joy to drive. I saw a silver one on the road today and brought back memories. I will check back in a day or two and see if there are any replies.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,395 Posts
I have not been here in a couple years. I sold my 03 Smokin' Asphalt SSR around July of 2016 to CarMax. Just wondering if anyone here has it. The last part of the VIN was #1814. Just curious. I was the original owner and had the truck for almost 13 years. Such a fun truck and a joy to drive. I saw a silver one on the road today and brought back memories. I will check back in a day or two and see if there are any replies.

If you have the VIN Number and you run a CARFAX it may tell you where it is located or serviced lately. That would narrow the search down. Then you could ask folks on this site who live in that area if they know the owner and have him or her contact you. Might check with recent build sheet requests also. Contact Marc NY. Good hunting.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Wishing you the very best. Please keep us posted as to what you find out or discover or uncover. Good to hear from you and hope you rejoin us with another C H E V R O L E T SSR in your driveway, garage, carport or barn !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Hey "Monk" vin # 1814 is very Historical ... 'In 1814 we took a little trip, along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip, we took a little bacon and we took a little beans and met the Bloody British in the town of New Orleans" Johhny Horton "The Battle of New Orleans." Dang, now I hope you really find it. Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Super Moderator
14,054 Posts
#1814 was sold through Manheim Auction in 8/16 w/55k miles for $18.3k
It was purchased by Bluff Street Auto Brokers in St George UT and listed for sale for $21.5k in 11/16
I have no record of the purchaser, but as mentioned earlier, a Carfax should show it's current location

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds about right. They told me at CarMax that since it was a specialty car it would be auctioned off instead of put on their lot. That was in the Bay Area of California. Yes, it had low miles for being 13 years old. I was just curious if someone here at this forum owned it and if they liked it. I still have the original electric fan here in my garage since I put in a Simple Engineering fan. Also have a SSR banner that is just collecting dust.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,563 Posts
That sounds about right. They told me at CarMax that since it was a specialty car it would be auctioned off instead of put on their lot. That was in the Bay Area of California. Yes, it had low miles for being 13 years old. I was just curious if someone here at this forum owned it and if they liked it. I still have the original electric fan here in my garage since I put in a Simple Engineering fan. Also have a SSR banner that is just collecting dust.
An event banner or the windshield banner?

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,423 Posts
WOW, MonkeyBars . . . impressive gesture.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
Spirited driver!
1,661 Posts
I like banners too & I'm in the Bay Area. PM me an address and I will come pick it up. :grin2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PokerGuy,
I was in your neighborhood and we most likely saw each other driving our SSR's there. I was in East SJ near Reid Hillview. I since then have gotten smart and left the Bay Area and all the crowds and expen$ive co$t of living there and moved to quiet cheap wonderful Idaho!! LOVE IT!!!!
The banner is a 2 ' x 4' vinyl wall banner. It is black with a big red Chevy Bowtie and the words Chevy SSR under the bowtie. I picked it up off of Ebay in like 2004. Still in great shape. Not sure what I want to do with it, but I do know it DOES NOT look good hanging in my garage next to the 69 Cougar! :grin2: Same with the original electric fan, not sure what to do with it.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,563 Posts
PokerGuy,
I was in your neighborhood and we most likely saw each other driving our SSR's there. I was in East SJ near Reid Hillview. I since then have gotten smart and left the Bay Area and all the crowds and expen$ive co$t of living there and moved to quiet cheap wonderful Idaho!! LOVE IT!!!!
The banner is a 2 ' x 4' vinyl wall banner. It is black with a big red Chevy Bowtie and the words Chevy SSR under the bowtie. I picked it up off of Ebay in like 2004. Still in great shape. Not sure what I want to do with it, but I do know it DOES NOT look good hanging in my garage next to the 69 Cougar! :grin2: Same with the original electric fan, not sure what to do with it.
You have enough posts to use PMs and there is a For Sale Forum for memorabilia so maybe a post there with a price would get you some nibbles. Doe not cost anything to try, but contact information is not allowed for Non-supporting members so PMs would be the tool of choice.

·
Spirited driver!
1,661 Posts
PokerGuy,
Glad you were able to escape the bay area. I plan to that one day myself. I agree with Bluestreak. You should put the banner up on the for sale forum and someone here will probably snap it up. The fan you might be able to give away for the cost of shipping (many of us have that spare stock one) :grin2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure if I am ready to part with the banner quite yet. Brings back memories of a fun truck. I know I would never buy another SSR, I had my fun with the one I had. I will keep that in mind about the For Sale side of this forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts