Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Dont know about b plate. I went with the Route 66 plate. Check it out at ILL DMV

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yea the dealer told me I would have to give up my plate and get a "B" truck plate. I saw the Rt 66 ones but if I want a personalized one I don't think I can do that through the stealership. I think I would have to trade up once the B plate comes in. How absurd. You can't even street park a "B" plate at a parking meter in the City of Chicago.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
heavy weight

The SSR out weighs the A plate by 250 pounds. So I'm in B group.

There are two SSR's running around up here with A plates though, so Pick what you want.

·
Registered
192 Posts
B Plate

I was told that the SSR is considered a truck, so a B plate is required. I went ahead and got the B plate & chose the personalized one, not the vanity plate, since it has a B on it anyway. With this plate, you have to have a number after the letters.
(CRWSR 1)

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well here is what hppened. Dealer is making me get a "B" plate. Then after the plate comes I can then change it to say a Rt 66 specialty plate but then I have to pay twice... :rolleyes: They wont apply for the "66" plate at the dealership for some reason. Dont they put regular plates on the Escalade /Avalanche P/U? I know I have seen them here with pass plates on them. I'm also told we can change it to an "RV" plate on the SSR as long as you keep the lid on the back.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have an A plate. No one knew what to do when I first got mine since no one had seen one yet at the DMV.

You won't be able to drive on LSD with a B plate, remember that. That was my only concern.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts