Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SSR Enthusiast
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just got back from the south Florida meet and greet show and it was a wonderful first experience as an ssr owner. Got a chance to see a bunch of other R’s and how individualized they are. I ran across an emblem on one of the cars and was wondering who, if anyone still makes these? It’s the same look as the 2006 final production run waterfall emblem but it only says SSR and it’s more or less engraved. The gentlemen that I spoke to said it wasn’t an OEM GM part, but one that was made by a member.
Any assistance is appreciated. I’d love to put one on my waterfall.

Thanks.
Brian

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,869 Posts
QWKSSR will make you any kind of waterfall emblem you want. He is a Forum Member. Just use the search button or send him a PM. "WATERFALL BADGE" Good luck.

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Hi guys,

I just got back from the south Florida meet and greet show and it was a wonderful first experience as an ssr owner. Got a chance to see a bunch of other R’s and how individualized they are. I ran across an emblem on one of the cars and was wondering who, if anyone still makes these? It’s the same look as the 2006 final production run waterfall emblem but it only says SSR and it’s more or less engraved. The gentlemen that I spoke to said it wasn’t an OEM GM part, but one that was made by a member.
Any assistance is appreciated. I’d love to put one on my waterfall.

Thanks.
Brian
There has been many discussions over the years about where these very rare SSR waterfall badges originated from. It was around the 2005 production MY that I had asked Bob Walczyk about having GM make up a special run of SSR waterfall badges, similar to the Corvette, Solstice & Sky had during that time frame. After many conversations with Bob W. and other GM executives, GM’s management finally allowed me to work with one of their vendors. I received permission to have a maximum of only 500 SSR Waterfall Badges made up.

With this one-time approval GM allowed their OEM Vendor to make up the badges. It was the same vendor who would later be commissioned to make up the Final Production Run Badges. The reasons why I received permission from GM was because they didn't want to control the ordering and selling of the waterfall badges. GM also did not want to incur the additional cost to have another part number be made up just for a one time run.

You may ask around our website for there are still a small number of these badges that might be still available for sale. Just a warning that their cost will be quite high if you are lucky enough to purchase one.

There was also a Canadian Waterfall badge that GM had made up, if I am not mistaken, it was for the very first Canadian SSR sold in Canada too.

BTW: My SSR Waterfall "PEDIGREE EDITION" badge (shown in my Avatar) was made up for me by the same vendor.

Good luck in your search. :)

Attachments

·
BlueStreak
26,862 Posts
The Waterfall badge in the original post is the one that Marc NY is talking about and the ones pictured in Auggie Doggie's post are from @QWKSSR and you can see the differences when they are placed side-by-side but when looking at them in a stand alone situation the only way to really know is by what else is on them. I think some have tried to modify the originals and have not been very successful in adding lettering. As Marc said, if you find one of them it will not be inexpensive. If you want it to have some printing on it my suggestion would be to contact QWKSSR. Good luck, what ever you decide.

·
SSR Enthusiast
165 Posts
That explains it

There has been many discussions over the years about where these very rare SSR waterfall badges originated from. It was around the 2005 production MY that I had asked Bob Walczyk about having GM make up a special run of SSR waterfall badges, similar to the Corvette, Solstice & Sky had during that time frame. After many conversations with Bob W. and other GM executives, GM’s management finally allowed me to work with one of their vendors. I received permission to have a maximum of only 500 SSR Waterfall Badges made up.

With this one-time approval GM allowed their OEM Vendor to make up the badges. It was the same vendor who would later be commissioned to make up the Final Production Run Badges. The reasons why I received permission from GM was because they didn't want to control the ordering and selling of the waterfall badges. GM also did not want to incur the additional cost to have another part number be made up just for a one time run.

You may ask around our website for there are still a small number of these badges that might be still available for sale. Just a warning that their cost will be quite high if you are lucky enough to purchase one.

Well that explains a lot. As a new owner, I see these things and immediately want one for my own R. But having gotten into the game 15 years late, I also understand that they no longer make parts for these vehicles, let alone accessories and badges. I was under the impression that this was an aftermarket badge made up by a fanatic, not one that was produced thru GM. I thought only the signature series and FPR badges were the only ones produced by GM, and the plain SSR badges were reproduced by another outfit.
I appreciate the feedback.

So now I ask.......anyone want to help a newbie out ? :grin2:

Brian

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
There's more than one way to skin a cat.

To me, the waterfall is a blank canvas. Sure, you can get an emblem to stick on there. They look nice. Or you can have a little fun. Since most of us tend to do a little "customizing" here and there, I decided to do it on the waterfall. Since I live in New Mexico where native american graphics are popular, I choose to put a carbon fiber kokopelli on mine. Some people like the idea, some don't. But either way, you won't see another one like it! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
The ones QWKSSR make can even be specialized, i.e., such as having your name, as well as your spouse on them. Well worth what he was selling them for when I purchased two years ago. Triple L

1 - 12 of 12 Posts