Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants an HHR, anyone have one, what do you think? Chrome package worth the extra bucks? 2.4L a good engine? Stick or Auto?

She drove our new SSR for the 1st time Saturday and came home grinning ear to ear. I couldn't go with her. She ran in and said, somethings wrong with it, take it back!!! What:banghead ??? I won't go the speed limit LOL:glol :glol :glol She got me!

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
We were actually thinking about an HHR. Won't be for a while since we currently have two car payments, but I think we'll end up with one as a daily driver eventually.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
MauiMike said:
My wife wants an HHR, anyone have one, what do you think? Chrome package worth the extra bucks? 2.4L a good engine? Stick or Auto?

She drove our new SSR for the 1st time Saturday and came home grinning ear to ear. I couldn't go with her. She ran in and said, somethings wrong with it, take it back!!! What:banghead ??? I won't go the speed limit LOL:glol :glol :glol She got me!

Thanks!
Yes - I have both. I went for the chrome package - but then again I don't do much aftermarket stuff. I'd say if you plan to change things right away - get a basic paxkage. There are LOTS of aftermarket stuff showing up for the HHR - woody kit - etc...

I like to Variable Valve timing of the 2.4 engine - and I took the AUTO so I could have the REMOTE START function!!! ON-Star and XM are both worth it for me.

Overall - NICE vehicle...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Yep Mike I have both. I've had a Black 2LT 2.4 since August last year with spoiler and xm and everything else. I now have 2,000 miles on it and it's great for most of the driving I do around Chicago. Go for it.

:thumbs :thumbs :thumbs​

·
Registered
595 Posts
I Will Sell Any Forum Member An Hhr At Supplier Pricing Can Usually Deliver Within 600 Miles For $300 So From Texas To Michigan Ohio To Colorado If You Need An Hhr Email Me They Are Nice Nice Vehicles Gm Is Shipping Me 30 Next Month I'll Order It To Your Specs If You'd Like
Thanks

Billy

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well we wanted to trade in one of our other cars and go for the HHR, XM just doesn't work here on Maui, so it's deleted from all new cars and is not offered. Or so I am told anyway. Thanks for the offer of dealer pricing, but I think shipping costs to Maui wouldn't be worth it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hhr

We have both a HHR 2 LT and a SSR
Wife loves the HHR and we have only minor complaints.

Hers
Window switch placment to low ( would like door placment better)
Loc buttom on door catches her jacket and clothing when ever arm is put on or out the window.

His

At 6"1 My leg has to rest on the center console/ dash when driving
No dip stick to check trans fluid.
Need a supercharged version like the SS cobalt!

So far it's a very Small list and we would buy one again!

All the Best,

Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
we have both

Wife has the HHR with the 2.4 and 5spd, so far has been a great vehicle for her. She gets good milage and can haul all her suff back and forth to school, for a small package it has alot of room, we live in the mountains of West Virginia and it will stay at speed up and down the montains on the interstate in 5th gear with 4 adults in it, and it's fun to drive.:)

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
hhr

mike i see the hhr's on the lot all the time and they don't sit there long.some have come in for minor problems but as far as drivability and running gear they seem very good.we were going to get one here but wife wanted a convertible so we ended up with '05 pt cruiser conv't that i got a great deal on.she loves the top down ride but the ssr had to much power for her to drive all the time,so like you i get the ssr,ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts