Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can an Administrator or Someone else, please Archive the Older Posts on the Site? When We open to read, We shouldn't have to scroll through Years Old Posts to get to the New, prevalent information. Really would be great if someone would take care of this. With the Search methods, if anyone wanted to read the old posts, all they would have to do is search using Key Words...I am sure I am not the only one that thinks this way, really tired of seeing something interesting for sale and then to read and find it was posted some 8-9 years ago.

Thanks,
Bill ( TheXCepsion)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
When you search you can either see them by relevance or date I think when you pick date in the advance search it brings up newest first but it may also be more wide spread on the relevance so you still have to weed through stuff. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but that is not what I was asking about. I was thinking that on the pages that You go to the different forums the Older Posts should be removed and archived so We dont have to continue to read through them or scroll through them before reading the Newer additions.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
a lot of times the old posts contain info that may be needed { example members may have found a different way to fix something }

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
When a new post is added to a thread, that thread moves to the top of the list in that Forum. When you click on the thread you should be taken to the first New post since you were last there. Old Threads that are not active are moved to the bottom as on a conveyor belt. If you return to that thread after you have read the last new post you might be taken to Post #1.
I do not believe that the list of threads within a Forum is keyed to what you have read since that would mean that everyone would have a different first page for every Forum and it would make whole site even slower than it is already.
The intent of many of the changes has been to speed up the response time when viewing.

This is all my opinion and out of the control of the local staff but if I am wrong @Administrator is welcome to step in and correct me.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,248 Posts
Might want to move this thread to Community Help.

Bill, At the left end of each Forum Header Banner, there is a “Filters” button. Are you sure you have your sort set to:
Latest Message -> Descending

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Might want to move this thread to Community Help.

Bill, At the left end of each Forum Header Banner, there is a “Filters” button. Are you sure you have your sort set to:
Latest Message -> Descending
Done

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
I am seeing it. Aren't you?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
Like this?

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
3,737 Posts
Yes!! Thats it. I don't have that or the square, just the 3 vertical dots.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
The square is a Moderator Menu so you would not have it but at least I know we are talking about the same thing now. Some times it is hard for me to know what Is moderator only and what is what everyone has. Since the Owner Aministrators do not seem to work weekends it will likely be next week before anyone see what we are talking about but I will work on it.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,678 Posts
@Administrator it would appear that the "NEW" box on the upper right of the posts which have not been seen before by the member are only showing up for the Moderators and possibly other Staff. Some members are not concerned but others find it a useful book mark when bouncing between threads. Can we please have it back for ALL users? or at least Members.

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
@Administrator, as mentioned by @BlueStreak, Re "Red NEW box" FYI-- we just got back from 9 days in Florida working on Kathy's Sister's Estate. It really is a PITA trying to find the new Posts since I haven't been on here in 9 days !!! Thanks

Nick

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
@Administrator, as mentioned by @BlueStreak, Re "Red NEW box" FYI-- we just got back from 9 days in Florida working on Kathy's Sister's Estate. It really is a PITA trying to find the new Posts since I haven't been on here in 9 days !!! Thanks

Nick
Are you still not seeing the "New" in the post?

Can you share a screenshot and what device and software are you using?

Jeff M

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
@Administrator No I'm not seeing it. Just the 3 Vertical dots on the right, #16 . 1 h ago on the left. Don't know anything about screenshot. I'm on a MacBook Pro. using Safari OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

Nick

·
Administrator
1,594 Posts
Ideally it should look like this:

Are you following this thread or have your settings set up to follow your content?

This may affect what you see, can you tell me which settings you have enabled? Alternatively, how are you clicking to get to this thread?

-Gerrit

·
Premium Member
3,737 Posts
@Administrator, That IS the way it USE to look, ON EVERY thread. I had not changed any settings when it happened/disappeared out of the blue. Others also stated it does not appear to them/lost it. I aiways click on the time stamp on the right side of the "thread" above the "by name" and it would go to the last post, and had the "New" red box as well as the post above it that I had not read. It really made it simple/easy to know how many post had been made since the last time I was on it WITHOUT having to read each one and see if it sounded familiar/rang a bell/jogged my memory !!!!! PLEASE put it back.

Nick

1 - 19 of 19 Posts