Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Randy Bowen Chevrolet in Chandler OK, has been advertising new 2005 SSRs with $12,000 off MSRP for the past several months. Today, his ad came out with $11,000 off MSRP. Curious, seems that is bad business to lower discounts if units are not moving, but what do I know? :skep

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Math

I think that is Oklahoma Math...:glol

Sorry, but you left the door WIDE open on that one...

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
I think its safe to say you can look at the Prowlers resale price history as a "window" into the SSrs future resale values.

·
Registered
442 Posts
AutoTrader.com and eBay Motors will tell you quickly what is happening to SSR prices. New '05's under 30 and new '04's under 25 says a lot and those are the ASKING prices! Face it. Your SSRs are to be enjoyed but not to be thought of as investments because it will be a long time before they are worth more dollars than you paid for them and that will be when a dollar is worth today's 40 cents.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Dreamin' . . . .

Danko said:
AutoTrader.com and eBay Motors will tell you quickly what is happening to SSR prices. New '05's under 30 and new '04's under 25 says a lot and those are the ASKING prices! Face it. Your SSRs are to be enjoyed but not to be thought of as investments because it will be a long time before they are worth more dollars than you paid for them and that will be when a dollar is worth today's 40 cents.
I would have to agree wholeheartedly. :agree

Our SSRs are headturners, but so was the Prowler and Edsel. They are a combination of poor marketing, over-pricing, and oil prices. I'm reminded of what Lee Iacocca said in the design stages of the Mustang, "we must have a vehicle that will handle 4 occupants for at least a small trip, be they another couple or several kids".

I feel sorry for those that paid over-sticker and the "dreamers" that envision a knockout hot rod that can't hold a stick to a Mustang at HALF THE PRICE. Reality is not always pretty. :rolleyes:

Use her enjoy her and when it comes time, say good-bye to her. :seeya

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Op, you being a Tea Sipper and all

OP said:
I think that is Oklahoma Math...:glol

Sorry, but you left the door WIDE open on that one...
I should have known you would need an explanation because Okie Math would be over your head. You see, when a discount is lowered, the price goes up and you (the consumer) must pay more. Got it? Sorry, but you left the door WIDE open on that one... :glol

·
Registered
442 Posts
But that one OK dealer's asking price has almost nothing to do with current reality. He can ask whatever he wants and he might get it but knowledgeable buyers can truly get some bargains currently..............

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good point, it pays to shop around

Danko said:
But that one OK dealer's asking price has almost nothing to do with current reality. He can ask whatever he wants and he might get it but knowledgeable buyers can truly get some bargains currently..............
seems I've heard that before.:sleep

1 - 9 of 9 Posts