Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious is there anyone in the area of Wes Finch Auto Dealership in S. Grinnell IA?
They have what we have been looking for in an SSR. The Aqua Blur 05 6 speed.
It would be AWESOME if someone in this forum was close by and could check this car /truck
out for us before we take the plunge. Their price is in our arena, the SSR looks good on the internet pics.
But we all know how deceiving pictures can be. If anyone is in that neighborhood, We are 800 miles from there so too difficult to look it over. Thanks, Calook

·
BLU SSR
3,461 Posts
I am curious is there anyone in the area of Wes Finch Auto Dealership in S. Grinnell IA?
They have what we have been looking for in an SSR. The Aqua Blur 05 6 speed.
It would be AWESOME if someone in this forum was close by and could check this car /truck
out for us before we take the plunge. Their price is in our arena, the SSR looks good on the internet pics.
But we all know how deceiving pictures can be. If anyone is in that neighborhood, We are 800 miles from there so too difficult to look it over. Thanks, Calook
We are about 200 miles or 3 hours south east of Grinnell Iowa. If no one else closer chimes in , we could check it out after the Thanksgiving holiday , if the weather cooperates. Let me know on this thread , I don't think you can PM yet.
SSReplay - Jim Perry :blur::ssr

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You Very Much SSReplay,
That is a Generous offer and we appreciate it But too much to ask. PLUS, we bought it today. This dealership was very very cooperative and did a walk around with us on the phone and they jumped through hoops to make sure we would be totally happy with this car/truck. We have confidence it is a good one. at 27,000 miles and only 2 owners we have warm fuzzys.
Thanks to all!

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic Family ! Finally...:cheer:

You'll surely have a chance to "shake Her down" on the way home. Don't forget to have Cash and Mike Byers update the VIN in their Registery. Also, Please update your info using the "User CP" button up near the top of the page in the orange strip.

Hope to see you, Down the Road....
Fuji

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,426 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!!! :00000732:

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,401 Posts
WELCOME, Calook . . . from Southern Arizona.

. . . and CONGRATS on your new :blur: !

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Premium Member
35,604 Posts
That is a Generous offer and we appreciate it But too much to ask. PLUS, we bought it today. This dealership was very very cooperative and did a walk around with us on the phone and they jumped through hoops to make sure we would be totally happy with this car/truck. We have confidence it is a good one. at 27,000 miles and only 2 owners we have warm fuzzys.
Thanks to all!
Congrats on your new SSR :blur: very nice colour!

enjoy the permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
BLU SSR
3,461 Posts
Thanks to all!
Congrats on your purchase , great color choice! When are you going to pick it up? If you are going thru this area on the way home , we would love to see your new toy and meet the newest member of the fanatic family. Hope all goes well in the transaction and get ready to smile a lot! :blur::ssr :00000732:

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
:00000732: Welcome to the SSR Fanatics! :00000732:You will quickly develop a case of the Permagrin... and it will renew every time you go to the garage to check on your new adopted Roadster. :grin2:

Boomer Bob :ssr

·
Premium Member
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey All,
I must say this site is great so far. I have been a member of several forums in the past and posted, and posted, and posted but never got any replies. We have a BEAUTIFUL Chevy Van that we travel in as its a portable bedroom in the back. Tried that forum, Nothing!
When we had our LOVED 2006 Silverado SS tried one of those forums, NOTHING. Had a Jaguar XJS Convertible, same story there too.
AND most of all I was a HUGE aircooled VW nut in years past, at home I built some beautiful cars that won MANY trophies and no one wanted to converse in forums. SO to post on this site and get welcomed, offer to drive 400 miles to check out the SSR for us, AMAZING!
We are happy we found this site!
SO we are flying to Des Moines on 12-5, getting picked up the next morning to go to Grinnell Iowa to pick up the SSR. Then traveling back to Eastern NC. We hope to be able to go to Antique Archaeology in Le Claire. Probable taking a southern route home to avoid any snow. Thanks All for putting up with me!
Calook1967

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
You should probably not try to make the 800 miles home in one shot.
You'll be too tired because you aren't going to be able to sleep much for a couple days before then. :lol

·
Premium Member
35,604 Posts
Hey All,
I must say this site is great so far. I have been a member of several forums in the past and posted, and posted, and posted but never got any replies. We have a BEAUTIFUL Chevy Van that we travel in as its a portable bedroom in the back. Tried that forum, Nothing!
When we had our LOVED 2006 Silverado SS tried one of those forums, NOTHING. Had a Jaguar XJS Convertible, same story there too.
AND most of all I was a HUGE aircooled VW nut in years past, at home I built some beautiful cars that won MANY trophies and no one wanted to converse in forums. SO to post on this site and get welcomed, offer to drive 400 miles to check out the SSR for us, AMAZING!
We are happy we found this site!
SO we are flying to Des Moines on 12-5, getting picked up the next morning to go to Grinnell Iowa to pick up the SSR. Then traveling back to Eastern NC. We hope to be able to go to Antique Archaeology in Le Claire. Probable taking a southern route home to avoid any snow. Thanks All for putting up with me!
Calook1967
Smart move, this drive home will be an amazing time and will be unforgettable experience, You will probably be sad when you arrive home and will look for any excuse to go for a drive after you unpack. Don't forget to take some pictures. Drive safe.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Registered
302 Posts
Forum wise, what you described is why this is not a forum, this is a family.
Travel wise, I hope your first trip is better than mine, the first time I drove mine,
(the first time I'd ever driven an SSR)
was through the West Virginia mountains from West PA...
...In a ~10% visibility heavy thunderstorm.
Here's to your trip home being better than that!

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Sounds like you on your way to a fun experience with your new ride. Welcome aboard from Oklahoma City. Enjoy...

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
Welcome to the family. This forum is clearly one of the best ever.

Be sure to take a phone number from someone (or several) here, as this group will have your back if you need help on the road. It’s your connection to the nationwide bunch of Boy Scouts that reside here.

Have a great Holiday today and a safe trip home in December.

Mike (480-225-2123)

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Way to go on the Auqa Blur purchase @calook1967
:blur: :banana :cheer:
As many of the others have already mentioned...
"Welcome to The Family"
from one of the many Middle Georgia owners!!

Make plans now to attend the
International Rally in Branson MO.

You don't want to miss this opportunity to find out
what being a part of this family is truely about!!
:grouphug :cheers :party

Hope to see you down the road soon. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts