Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BlueStreak
26,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some sad news to report. I have heard from Shaun Salter that his father, Steve Salter, passed away on July 1, 2016 from complications of a Stroke and a Heart Attack which occurred in mid June. Steve’s screen name here on SSR Fanatic was Arizonason and he drove an Ultraviolet. His last activity on the site was on July 17 at 7:13 AM. This was the same day as his stroke.
Shaun has my email and will let me know so I can post information of the Memorial Service, which he expects to be in the Phoenix area in the next week or so. I will pass the information along as soon as I get it so any of the fanatics who wish to attend will be able to. The family has no information of his password and were not even sure of his screen name.
Attached are a couple pictures I have of Steve's sons Shaun from and Brandon from a visit to Disneyland in July 2013.

Added 7/15/16
Services:
When: Saturday July 30, 2016
Where: 241 E 6th St. (just West of Mesa Dr.)
Mesa, AZ
Time 10:30 AM (followed by light refreshments in Community Center next door)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
So sorry to about anyone's passing, especially one of our SSRfanatics. Steve, may you drive your 04 Ultra Violet SSR :purple: all the way to HEAVEN !!!

·
BlueStreak
26,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Memorial Services information

Services:
Mesa, AZ

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,304 Posts
I'm so sorry to see this. Steve was a wonderful man with a big heart. He was one of the locals that had a special place here. Always offering to do something for someone else..... I'm shocked and saddened.

Debbie and I will be praying for the entire family.

Rest in peace, my friend.

Mike

·
BlueStreak
26,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Services:
Mesa, AZ
Did anyone attend?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,304 Posts
Yes, we did...

Did anyone attend?
Debbie and I were there, representing the SSR community. It was obvious by the number in attendance that Steve was loved by many people. He was a real giver with a big heart. Lots of testimonies to his caring and generosity.

Here's the cover from the handout........ a wonderful man that left us too soon.

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
steve salter passing

:frown2:

I just wanted to say steve was the guy that introduced me the ssr fanatics forum and this great group of people!!

He was the first guy that i did a alarm and remote start with the top up and down feature on his ssr. It greatly saddened me to hear about this today when his wife called me. he was a great friend and man that would always be the first to help someone out that ever needed it!!

he will be very missed and i have been privileged to have been able to meet everyone that i have in the ssr community.

You will be truly missed Steve!

David Galloway
unique autosound and security
tempe az
602 748 8398

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
12 Participants
ssralarmexpert1
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing