·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you can see an Article, which I found in a the German Magazin "BUNTE"
from this week.

The text is :

Big Daddy shows his daughter his new mini car

Arnold Schwarzenegger who is famous for his big cars has a new car. The Chevrolet Cabrio SSR, 390 HP costs 44275 Dollar. Its a new part of his privat car park with four Hummers, a Mercedes S520, a Porsche Targa and a Buick Excalibur. Of course, the Gouverneur of California is testing this missile without his bodyguards - only with daughter Christina Aurelia, 13 years old. Now, the Chevy looks nice, but it is a little to small, or ?

(Not linked)

I hope you enjoy this artice. You will find it in the German weekly magazine
"BUNTE", No 1 from the 29th december 2004 on page 11.

Happy New Year to all of you from
BLUEPALM

:flag

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Now that Arnie has one you think the other stars will have to get on too? LOL
Lets see if he wants to join a SSR cruise? :lol :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Bet you that black Blazer/Suburban following him are his bodyguards!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Lower car tax - thanks Arnie!!!

I just knew that Arnie has something up his sleeve when he rolled back the Car Tax in CA - and I had been thinking he did that just for me when I took delivery of my SSR in Dec 03...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Bluepalm said:
Here you can see an Article, which I found in a the German Magazin "BUNTE"
from this week.

The text is :

Big Daddy shows his daughter his new mini car

Arnold Schwarzenegger who is famous for his big cars has a new car. The Chevrolet Cabrio SSR, 390 HP costs 44275 Dollar. Its a new part of his privat car park with four Hummers, a Mercedes S520, a Porsche Targa and a Buick Excalibur. Of course, the Gouverneur of California is testing this missile without his bodyguards - only with daughter Christina Aurelia, 13 years old. Now, the Chevy looks nice, but it is a little to small, or ?

(Not linked)

I hope you enjoy this artice. You will find it in the German weekly magazine
"BUNTE", No 1 from the 29th december 2004 on page 11.

Happy New Year to all of you from
BLUEPALM

:flag

This article is the first time I have ever heard of the SSR being called a Cabrio. I don't think that is a name I would have used in writing this article. Cabrio reminds me to much of VW. This is not VW it is GM. The same people who makes the Hummer. :) Anthis is a big toy also. It does site as high as the Hummer but it weighs just as much. :)

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Cabrio is just a European equivalent to convertible - most every Euro convertible is called a cabriolet. They would probably call the trunk a boot, and the hood a bonnet as well - all is well, as long as you keep air in the "tyres"

Just glad to see that Arnold likes our ride - I had read somewhere that Leno has one as well, but never had that one confirmed.

It would be interesting to have a whos who of SSR owners in Hollywood. When they first came out, a GM dealer in Santa Monica was buying everything he could off EBay at $8 - 10K over MSRP, so a lot of Hollywood must have paid through the nose for one.

Ray

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cabrio

You are right, everybody in Germany calls a covertible car "Cabrio". So every convertibles are carbrios over there, not only the VW Golf convertible.

Bluepalm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts