Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The journey has begun. Today I drove 547 miles from San Jose, CA to Elko, NV. My wife and I are on a cross-country tour to see the the sites and many National parks on our way to the rally in Warner Robins, GA the fist week of October. As soon as the rally is over we will run 1,300+ miles to the west side of Texas to visit Big Bend Nat'l Park with a bunch of the TX R's!

I'm using this thread as a public journal of sorts to document the journey and the interesting things encountered along the way. The highlight of today's trip was dodging a jackrabbit in the dark when he jumped out in front of me as I was doing 85mph through the desert! It will be interesting to see what the dashcam caught. I had no trouble staying awake for the rest of the trip though.

Tomorrow we head up to Idaho an over to Jackson Hole, WY the following day to see the Grand Tetons & Yellowstone Park.

I will post our general itinerary as we go and hopefully we can meet up with some Fantatics during our travels. Current plans include Nashville, Maggie Valley and Charleston (depending on storm damage) Please PM me if interested in getting together for a visit or a meal.

Lance

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,447 Posts
Drive safe, have fun, enjoy the road less traveled! I will be following this thread and hear more details in person in Georgia! (Wanna see that sweet ride in person too!)

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,048 Posts
Have a good safe trip. When we were younger Wifey and I toured the states on our Harley's. What memories. 22 states in 6 weeks. No real agenda just went and stopped each day where the good Lord led us. No reservations. Have safe travels.

Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Registered
243 Posts
PokerGuy, This sounds like a great trip. There is a good chance I will be in the Kerrville area when you go to Big Bend. Maybe I will see a bunch of R's travelling around.
John F.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,505 Posts
WOW, Lance . . .

Sounds like a great trip coming up but my butt is tired just reading about your 547 mile first day.

Whatever you do . . . allow plenty of time for Yellowstone. Definitely one of my favorites.

Good Luck and Be Safe.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
Done a few of those trips myself. It has always been a lot of fun, but please be sure to post pictures for the rest of us so we can really share your adventure.

·
Premium Member
19,716 Posts
And with that one leg, you've driven more miles in a single day than Abadssr will for the whole year! :grin2: Some day I intend to tour the country without the rush of having to be anywhere in particular by a particular time.
Got That right roflmao

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
PokerGuy I see you're going to visit the National parks you can get a Senior Passat age 62 for all the parks I got mine at one of the parks
I have to wait about 10 years before I qualify but we did get an annual pass a couple of weeks ago when we went to Crater Lake in OR.

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And with that one leg, you've driven more miles in a single day than Abadssr will for the whole year! :grin2: Some day I intend to tour the country without the rush of having to be anywhere in particular by a particular time.
Not hard to do when most of his mileage is just moving from the garage to the driveway and back! I bought this truck to drive, not just to look at.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts