Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my SSR :ssr but I have been having problems. Day one as I was driving it home I discovered the headlights didn't work. Oh yea a ding in the door that I didn't see in the door. So a trip to the dealer and got a promisary note to fix the door and they fixxed the lights. Went to day to have the remote start installed. It was supposed to be a 1 hour job. Well 3 hours later it was done. I went to show my daughter my new SSR and of course the remote start wouldn't work. Man where did quality in workmenship go? I guess I'm really gonna have to talk to the manager there at the dealership. I hate talking to people about this stuff.

AAAARRRGGGHHHH :mad

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I feel your PAIN.... A 2004 and it still goes to the dealer for on going issues.
The A/C , OVERHEATING, top up and down times out , window scratches ( mole skin) , idle , drive line tink, exhaust system replacement, noisey inside a/c fan, speedometer showing 40 MPH at a stop; not to mention the times she has had to be brought back to dealer because it was not done right the first time.

QUALITY?

·
Registered
515 Posts
fourhounds said:
I feel your PAIN.... A 2004 and it still goes to the dealer for on going issues.
The A/C , OVERHEATING, top up and down times out , window scratches ( mole skin) , idle , drive line tink, exhaust system replacement, noisey inside a/c fan, speedometer showing 40 MPH at a stop; not to mention the times she has had to be brought back to dealer because it was not done right the first time.

QUALITY?

Sent you a PM....thanks....Tom

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Automatic or Stick?

You must have an automatic, they told me the stick could not have a remote start. Clutch having to be in at start etc.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Problems???

Well, we have all had lots of problems with the SSR!! But, of course we still love 'em!!! You need to come to Maryland, because we have a great SSR mechanic in Upper Malboro. He really cares about his customers, and loves the SSR. He goes out of his way to fix any of the problems, and as quick as possible!
I can't say much for the rest of the service department, but he is so good, he makes up for it! He really knows his stuff, and is always checking out new info about the SSR!! I at least know he would never rotate our tires!!! :glol When we went in for the third driveshaft, he let us go back with him to watch.. and even got to meet his wife... because he was already off work and his wife came up to meet him for lunch, but he took his time with us and chatted. :)
That's a damn good mechanic!

·
Registered
158 Posts
some problems, but alot of fun

problems or no problems they're still a blast!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tea its an automatic can't do a stick any more kinda got a bumb ankle

1 - 9 of 9 Posts