Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
I'm not sure what this means?
I do have to re-establish communications with Marcus.
I do need to review Elvisa pictures when I get some time and include them here.
Cash, just like your name implys, It means that that the SSR was built for people who had extra money to spend and had a home with a 3 car garage to house their new toy!

:black::)

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Cash, just like your name implys, It means that that the SSR was built for people who had extra money to spend and had a home with a 3 car garage to house their new toy!

:black::)
That should have been pretty easy to figure out - must have been tired!
BTW, I was nicknamed Cash about 35 years ago - but not for the reasons one might think! :D

·
Super Moderator
13,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Time to bump this up.
I am currently in contact with Ed Ivey trying to sort a few things out - but this prompted me to go back through the Tim Olson pictures.
It seems every time I do, I figure something else out (or at least I think I do!) :)

I should transfer a few of the Olson pictures in here.
Also, I have to figure a way to get those pictures easier to find. I will have to look but don't believe they are in The Library.
They should be somewhere more prominent - maybe figure a place for them in The Heritage Center - something!!
They were on our Home Page for a long time - sort of expected them to remain there, but a bit of a test to find them now.

Link to Flassh thread: http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f77/tim-olson-ssr-photo-collection-60614/
Click on Albums in Post 1.

Anyway, this is what I noticed - pretty confident I am correct.
In some of the Olson pictures featuring the SSR's on the floor there are numbers on the windshields and/or rear windows.
Pretty sure these are "Order #'s". They are a similar format to the Order #'s on most of the EX VINs as well as the Signature Series.
I am not sure what they used for build sheets during pre-production but do not believe any of these had VIN's.

As per the SSR: An American Original there were 62 (63) Beta's built, in varying degrees of finish quality.

Beta 1 - 27 (+1) **
Beta 3 - 31 - more refined
Beta 4 - 4 - Further refined

These Beta's would be featured in the Olson pictures taken at ASC.

Picture
#1 :ssr SR 3001
#2 :blur: XE SR3001 (you can see red paint area behind the seats - also in the album, eng bay & underhood are red)
I believe these are the same SSR which would indicate GM already had colour changes planned, even pre-production
#3 Side view of XE SR3019
#4 :silver: XE SR3019 - Plate 116M09 was the plate on :ssr SR3019
#5 :silver: SR3019 on windshield

SR 3001 Redline.jpg SR 3001 - 2 - Aqua Blur XESR 3001.jpg SR3019 - 2 - Side view.jpg SR3019 - 2 Plate 116M09.jpg SR3019 - 2 - Ricochet Silver Test.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,271 Posts
Interesting wheels on the red one. I wonder if they were planning a new wheel for the 2007 model.

·
Tech Support/Research
1,600 Posts
Prototype SSRs

SR3020 was red. It clearly had body panels that were slightly off-shade because the color difference is evident in photos. Taillights were not inset but looked like add-ons not flush with the fenders. It carried Michigan manufacturer license plate number 072M22.

SR3017 was also red, evidencing a similar paint mismatch and showed tailgate retainer pins. It carried license plate 067M88.

SR3021 was red and a mismatched fit of the tonneau cover was evident. Its license number was 116M05.

SR3025 was red and some of its photos were taken sans fender and rocker panel skirts and with a crude flat black colored front fascia. It sported the HRE aluminum wheels. Its license number was 116M06.

Misaligned body panels were evident in quite a few prototype photos. One could spend hours dissecting the details of pre-production prototype SSRs.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts