Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that an ash tray latch kit exist but I can't find out any more about one. If someone has this info please let me know. Thanks in advance.
OG
(239) 281-5521

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
My ash tray unit is broken away from the underside of the dash. I did not see a fix at Simple Eng. or on Dicktators list. I'm giving thought to removing the ash tray unit & construct some kind of storage area from the underside of the dash to the front of the console. Any constructive thoughts will be appreciated.

"SJA" Steve

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
There is a hinge across the bottom of the ashtray and that bolts up to the bottom of the dash. Is it the lower portion of the ashtray that broke then?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
If it is the hinge that is loose then maybe some of the screws are loose and just need to be tightened.

If not then there may be some damage to the underside of the panel where the ashtray attaches to the knee bolster. This may necessitate some more work to repair.

Mike's repair is just for the latch I believe.

Goodluck

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,052 Posts
Options.......

If you need to repair a broken stem on your ashtray or need to replace the latching mechanism in the dash, I have parts.....look in the “maintenance and repair” section of: shop.simple-engineering.com

If you need to replace the entire ashtray unit (including the hinge, outer panel and inner panel) I have a nice used one.

Let me know How I can help.....

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts