Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Been workin on the interior today. Those two ashtray bolts are a pain. I fought them getting them out. So before I layed my fat ass down there to put them in, I slotted them. I started the bolts and slipped it right under there, 2 minutes tops. And the cuss words I saved! D

IMG_3083ashtray.jpg

IMG_3084ashtray2.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
great idea, I fought that a while back

·
Spirited driver!
1,533 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks to @OLDFATGUY for the suggestion to slot the screw holes on the bracket. It is a nightmare to get those those things in our out of there with gauge pod still in place but I was able to make the reinstall a lot easier with this idea.

For those that are interested, I did mine with a docking station built in for my phone. I just slide my phone right on to the jack in the tray and it connects to my stereo and charges my phone. I used a computer mouse pad for the base and didn't have to cut much at all.

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,387 Posts
Two great ideas in one thread. WOW! Thanks.

Reactions: PokerGuy

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to say thanks to @OLDFATGUY for the suggestion to slot the screw holes on the bracket. It is a nightmare to get those those things in our out of there with gauge pod still in place but I was able to make the reinstall a lot easier with this idea.

For those that are interested, I did mine with a docking station built in for my phone. I just slide my phone right on to the jack in the tray and it connects to my stereo and charges my phone. I used a computer mouse pad for the base and didn't have to cut much at all.
Damn, that docking station is a great idea!:smile2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts