Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Regarding Dragon2U's excellent post about modifying the Ashtray lid, does anyone have a spare for sale? I'd like to try that modification, but don't want to sacrifice my original.

Tim Tilton
[email protected]
or pm me!

Thanks !

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Regarding Dragon2U's excellent post about modifying the Ashtray lid, does anyone have a spare for sale? I'd like to try that modification, but don't want to sacrifice my original.

Tim Tilton
[email protected]
or pm me!

Thanks !
Did you find one ? If not, I do have a used one.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never did find one. I spoke with Mike Byers at the International, but all he had was a complete dash which he sold.

I would be interested in your used one.

You can email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,071 Posts
@ssrTRK if BRG Tim doesn't take send me an email I am interested. [email protected].

David
Hey David,

If all else fails, you should also be able to get one from Mike Byers pretty cheap. They are $35 online from GMPartsDirect.... probably a little less from Mike. Part number is 10290230, I believe.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hey David,

If all else fails, you should also be able to get one from Mike Byers pretty cheap. They are $35 online from GMPartsDirect.... probably a little less from Mike. Part number is 10290230, I believe.

Regards,

Mike
So, if this part is only $35 or less, then why not buy a new assembly instead of ...SSR Ashtray Fix

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,271 Posts
Hey David,

Regards,

Mike
Mike,
I am pretty sure that the $40 part you noted (10290230) is actually the pull out tray and not the entire assembly. The internal section that everyone wants is called the "housing" and is nearly $200. The part number is 10369536 and is number 43 in the diagram below, the part you are referring to is 48. I know that there are many many other diagrams that show the housing and pull out tray as one item for much less, but when you dig into it you will find your part number is associated with the Buick Regal too. We know the large tray has no cross reference to that vehicle but the small insert probably does.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,071 Posts
Thanks for correcting me, Mike

I screwed up and only looked at the first thing that popped up. I should really know better. Thank you so much for straightening me out...... I was about to let go of my spare one...:eek

Mike,
I am pretty sure that the $40 part you noted (10290230) is actually the pull out tray and not the entire assembly. The internal section that everyone wants is called the "housing" and is nearly $200. The part number is 10369536 and is number 43 in the diagram below, the part you are referring to is 48. I know that there are many many other diagrams that show the housing and pull out tray as one item for much less, but when you dig into it you will find your part number is associated with the Buick Regal too. We know the large tray has no cross reference to that vehicle but the small insert probably does.

So, if this part is only $35 or less, then why not buy a new assembly instead of ...SSR Ashtray Fix
You are absolutely correct, ssrtruck...... I was mistaken.... There was a reason that I created that little stainless steel part..... see above

Mike

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Still available if anyone is looking.. What I have is just the piece that has to be cut open. This is the part with the arrow that the latch grabs. You will need to reuse the textured part of yours. $75 plus shipping from 07840.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts