Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,561 Posts
Is there an audio input jack anywhere on the stock SSR radio?
Our local sound shop here in AZ does an adapter for the SSR Stock Sound system, you have your choice of Bluetooth, or actual hard wired input jack. Check with you local shop that installs dash mounted Nav/CD/DVD players I'm sure they'll be able to help you out. The shop here charges $50.00+labor. If you take your dash apart ahead of time, it won't cost a lot for them to install it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this will help someone else also. I found a device made by Anbero on ebay. It plugs into the lighter and connects to your ssr radio by FM signal. It can then connect to your mobile device by Bluetooth. You can then stream music and use the car radio and speakers. I use Sirius or there is a free app called simple radio that plays radio stations from all over.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I bought one of these for my stock SSR radio and it works well.

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0775Y9WBJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Premium Member
508 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Do you actually get sound out of your speakers or just the device. I tried one similar to this but it didn't work very well. I have been thinking about just changing the radio but if this works it would be a heck of lot cheaper.
Yes. All you do is select an unused FM freq and tune the radio and the Bluetooth device to that freq. Then You can pair your phone to the device and use it as a media device to play music and also call or answer the phone using the built in mike and listen over the speakers. It also can play MP3 files from a USB stick over the radio speakers. As I said it works really well for me.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Thanks. I will order one today. I wish there was an ipod conector on the radio but using this device will be better than installing a new expensive radio and I will still have the CD's.
Glenn

·
Registered
364 Posts
No. But do yourself a favor. Replace the stock unit with an aftermarket head unit. I did and it's the best thing I ever did. Sounds so much better plus it has all the new audio connections and features. I use Crutchfield for all my mobile audio gear. They will set you up with a harness adapter so you will not have to cut any stock wiring and will connect with the Bose speaker system.
Only one thing to make note of get the brightest display you can afford. The cheaper units displays are very hard to see in the daytime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts