Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in Austin had particularly good experience with any specific dealer? I've been on the SSR fence for a long time and am curious if I got one if I could expect decent service in the area. SSRs are rare beasts and I suspect finding good service could be a trick...

Thanks!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I live in Giddings and bought my Red SSR in Lampasas. They had two red ones about a week ago.
Bought my H2 from Hewlett Chevy on I35 and the service has been very good.
How about an Austin get together.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I don't have an SSR yet. You'll have to pester me until I cave and finally take the plunge ;)

I wanna get a manual tranny in a '05, which I haven't seen around yet. I'm afraid when I test drive one I'll have to buy it. So honestly, I've been avoiding Chevvy dealers!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Austin TX Dealers

Mocker, If you are still looking both Henna Chevrolet and Champion Chevrolet in Austin are still offering some good deals (over 35% off MSRP) on remaining 2004 SSRs in inventory. I got mine recently at Henna and so far have been very happy with both the purchase price and post sales service. I actually paid less for my new 2004 SSR fully loaded with options than a lesser equipped used 2003 model for sale up the road at CarMax.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
I got mine at Capitol Chevrolet on the motor mile. Ask for Don Sanchez...he did well by me. I haven't had problems with the SSR, so I haven't been to the service department, but they always did a good job on my Astro van.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Jim G and I got our 04s a day apart at Capitol Chevy. They've got 4 05s on the lot in every color but aqua. The service manager Gary owns a black 04 and was very helpful in my decision to take the plunge. Their service department (Kevin) is second to none. Take a test drive and you'll be hooked :) !

Hey all you Central Texas owners, let's have a meet! R

·
Registered
253 Posts
Meeting ?

Why don't we try to get everyone in the same place sometime this summer, like a National meet? Maybe somewhere in the midle of the US of A.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts

·
Premium Member
171 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Breakfast at Denny's Diner This Sat @ 9:00 AM

Hey All :yesnod

We're having a breakfast getogether at 9 AM this Saturday at Denny's Diner, US 183 & Lakeline Blvd (northeast corner behind all the construction), Cedar Park, Texas :nodno . I am also a member of the Longhorn Cruisers (all retro is COOL!) :grouphug , and am inviting all SSRers to come and meet, dine, and schmooz with us. :seeya

Check out http://www.longhorncruisers.com
for more info and future events.

See Ya. R

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Richard in TX said:
Hey All :yesnod

We're having a breakfast getogether at 9 AM this Saturday at Denny's Diner, US 183 & Lakeline Blvd (northeast corner behind all the construction), Cedar Park, Texas :nodno . I am also a member of the Longhorn Cruisers (all retro is COOL!) :grouphug , and am inviting all SSRers to come and meet, dine, and schmooz with us. :seeya

Check out http://www.longhorncruisers.com
for more info and future events.

See Ya. R
Kind of short notice - wife going out of town and I was gonna catch up on some house repairs - but hmmmmmmmm??

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
National meet

Stretch said:
Why don't we try to get everyone in the same place sometime this summer, like a National meet? Maybe somewhere in the midle of the US of A.
I just checked a map of the U.S. and it looks like Kansas City, Missouri would be about in the middle. A little over 1700 miles from L.A. and 1800 miles from NYC. How many would be willing to take a trip of that length?

·
Registered
590 Posts
How about an INTERNATIONAL MEET (JULY??)

·
Premium Member
9,223 Posts
Hey, Coe - just as long as we don't have it up north. I used to live in Edmonton, and if I remember, summer was usually on a Wednesday or Thursday. :lol :lol

Actually, we're going to be visiting Edmonton in late June with the SSR - still lots of relatives and friends.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts