Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to let you know I tried the Mr. Clean Auto Dry carwash system and I liked it. It's a device that hooks onto your garden hose that puts out a premixed amount of soap for cleaning but what's really cool is the water filter that ionizes the rinse water and makes it so the water won't stick. It's amazing to see the rinse water turn into tiny little droplets that seem to vibrate off the surface.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Deal or Dud

I saw the Mr. Clean product on my local Fox 4 news program called Deal or Dud. They test different products claims to see if they work as advertised (Deal) or if the product doesn't work as claimed (Dud). They had a local car detailer use this product to get his opinion. After using it the detailer said that this was a deal and would save him time. So the product got the thumbs up for being a Deal.
:lurk :cheers :lol :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the info.

I have very hard water and it was always a job to get no water spots.

I saw it on tv, I think on Motor Trend, and sent for the coupons, but haven't gotten them yet.

Even looked for it at the local auto parts stores with no luck.
I'll have to keep trying to find it.

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where to get Autodry

I got mine at The Autozone for $18.79 and it had a $5 rebate. I have also seen it at Target stores. There is currently a $1 rebate on the soap and filters too.:cheers

R

·
0 Posts
Another opinion

The AutoDry system does do what it claims, but like everything, there's another side to the story. Here's what I found, just my $0.02 worth.

The filter does indeed keep out the minerals that cause hard water spots, but the filers end up being rather expensive.

Not drying the car (I like to use terry towels) inevitably will not results in the same quality wash job as drying will.

Drips that may come from the hose -before the filter- WILL water spot the finish.

The whole attraction to this system for me was to accomplish a rapid wash on my daily driver. Rapid meaning a time savings over the current process. Here to me is where any advantage of not having to dry gets "washed away", no pun intended. To rinse the car, you have to use the spray head on the "filter" setting. On the filter setting, the flow is extremely fine and low volume, and it takes many more minutes to thoroughly rinse off the vehicle than using a regular hose. So many more minutes in my experience that the overall time to wash a car with the supposedly "more expedient" AutoWash system is MORE than the standard bucket+sponge+high power rinse+terry towel dry, assisted on the horizontal surfaces with a California Water Blade. And, the "old fashioned" way will always yield the best wash. That's my take, others certainly will have experiences that may vary, but to me, all my vehicles deserve a nice towel dry.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
California Blade

Russ- I looked at the Zaino website yesterday and they do not recommend the California Blade. Do you find it safe for your finish as well as useful?

R

·
0 Posts
Stan,
Thanks for pointing out that fact, that is news to me. I use the blade all the time on the Impala and Tahoe, daily drivers, and have used it often on the Corvette, which has about 18 thin coats of Zaino. So far no known negatives, but I am going to check into the issue further. I do know the key to the blade is ensuring it is clean, which I verify every time it is used. In the meantime I'll just grab an extra terry towel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts