Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else having a problem with being randomly logged out of the forum while you are browsing? I've not yet discovered a pattern if there is one, but I will be searching through the forums or following a particular thread and when I look up into the upper right hand corner my Icon will have been replaced by the log-in feature and then I must log back in in order to comment or whatever! :cool:

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,448 Posts
Must be your server or browser or it would happen to everyone and I don't think it is.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,405 Posts
I have had that happen on other sites I visit but not here, so it may be a combination of things coming together. I sent a note to our Administrators to as them to have a look. Can't hurt.

·
Administrator
1,581 Posts
I have moved the thread to community help to get updates to our support queue. Can you try clearing your browser cache before you log in again? I want to make sure there is no old browser cookies causing a conflict.
-Philip

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have moved the thread to community help to get updates to our support queue. Can you try clearing your browser cache before you log in again? I want to make sure there is no old browser cookies causing a conflict.
-Philip
Now that you mention it, another oddity since you mention cookies, every now and again when I pull up the site instead of the login I get a message that I must accept cookies to login. I found if I merely reload the page it then gives me the proper login window & all works pretty normally except for the occasional unintended logoff.. Do you think the two situations are related? My browser is set to clear the catch every time it closes.

·
Administrator
1,581 Posts
Clearing the browser cache is a fine browser setting, but each time the cache is cleared it will treat the session as "new" which is why you may be experiencing these issues. The accepting cookies prompt is part of GDPR compliance but should only happen for EU IPs, unless you have an active VPN. If you select to accept cookies for one log in instance, do you find that the issue persists?

-Gerrit

·
BLU SSR
2,078 Posts
Clearing the browser cache is a fine browser setting, but each time the cache is cleared it will treat the session as "new" which is why you may be experiencing these issues. The accepting cookies prompt is part of GDPR compliance but should only happen for EU IPs, unless you have an active VPN. If you select to accept cookies for one log in instance, do you find that the issue persists?

-Gerrit
Gerrit,
Thanks for your explanation, but I am willing to bet that your Alphabet Soup meant nothing to many if not most of the users. Not scolding, just reminding all who work with programing daily that the unwashed masses aren't familiar with the terms you use everyday. Talk to us about carbs, trannys and 327s and we will understand - computers and programs - we're just learning.
Please keep trying, just remember your talking to beginners.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Knock on wood, logoff problem seems to have cleared itself up, at least I've not experienced it since I started this thread ten days ago & I have logged on numerous times. Once I did get the accept cookies message on start but that has never been a problem per se, as I noted I just reload the page & it always goes to the login immediately. That only takes a second.
Tuckerred :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts