Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a good Auto Transport Company. I will be shipping me '04 twice a year between Ohio and California. Maybe some of you have already done with success what I am going to do. Thanks in advance.

·
189 the LAST blur
232 Posts
EVT quotes... an interesting exercise

:cheers:cheersHaving had Corvette show cars I've done several. Tons of companies out there. Some good ones, reasonable to expensive and lots of not so good ones. So if your shopping and your "job" gets posted on a bid board expect a quote from wanna be's after some of the big guys dump there overflow. E.G.: I sent 2 cars back from Riverside to Buffalo in 2016, one open best deal I coluld get $1,650 and enclosed from a major carrier $2,200. Going rate ranges from $1.50-2.00/mi + fuel surcharge. On the open I got put back a month cause snowbirds get preference coming home in March-May. On Enclosed sometimes there is an open spot but it may be warehoused if there are different drop points. These guys cater to Auction Traffic business returning from early sales in the SW and SE. Best suggestion is get a new Hemmings and go down the list. The rate differential is surprising. Most have satellite tracking and a driver can be contacted or be located on there screen. Check car hauling on the other forums also. Everyone has a favorite and a war story too.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
If you accidently double post, you can delete the second one. ;)

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,608 Posts
Jay Leno uses Intercity Auto Transport, says he's shipped 70 cars with them, and no problem, they are out of MA Family owned. A friend told me he just had his 3rd Corvette shipped from FL to AZ by Passport Auto Transport and they were great. No personal experiences with either company...my .02 cents worth.

·
Premium Member
9,355 Posts
I've used Passport for four vehicles. Good rates, excellent service.

I had one vehicle transported by U-haul contracted hauler, after I had used him successfully for another vehicle earlier - I piggy backed on a haul already planned from the same general area, to the same drop spot at the US-Canada border.

Because I contacted him directly after the first successful haul, I did not have U-haul guaranteeing the job. I got burned for $2500 on that deal because I was dumb enough to prepay the deal seeing as it went well the first time, and had to contact Passport to get the vehicle moved.

Reactions: DenSu
1 - 6 of 6 Posts