Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
The only time I've heard a difference is when you put the top down. Top up driving doesn't seem to work. The manual says there should be off, low, medium and high settings. All I get is off and on and really no noticeable difference in the volume. This is the Bose 6 disc system.

I have driven other GM products that work well. The Blaupunkt system that came in my GTO works quite well.

Diggs

S

·
0 Posts
The idea of the auto VC is so you can't tell it's working. It may only work with the top down, seem to remember reading that in the manual but I am not 100% sure about that.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not what I meant

Slydur said:
The idea of the auto VC is so you can't tell it's working. It may only work with the top down, seem to remember reading that in the manual but I am not 100% sure about that.
What I meant was that I have to manually turn the volume up as we get up to speed because the road noise makes it hard to hear. The volume level does not seem to change automagically.

Diggs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I know what you mean my Tahoe has that feature where the radio volume goes up or down depending on the speed of the car and the noise lever. and I haven't played with the SSR's enough to figure it how it works. I am not sure why the level would go down when you put the top down. I would think it would be the opppsite. (up not down)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Here is what the owners manual says about the Bose premium system. pg3-71

If your vehicle is equipped with Bose the system will
have AudioPilot® noise compensation technology.
AudioPilot monitors the level of noise in the vehicle and
automatically increases or decreases the level of the
audio to keep your audio above the noise.

To use this feature set the volume at the desires level.
Press the AUTO VOL button until AVOL appears on
the display. This feature works best at lower volume
settings where background noise may be louder than the
audio. At high volume settings, where the audio is
much louder than the background noise, there will be no
change in the audio level.
To turn automatic volume
off, press the AUTO VOL button until AVOL OFF
appears on the display.

This is what Bose has to say about it.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Gee I guess we should read our book..... NAH I think I will just drive instead. Thanks for the info. This is the first time I never cared about the radio, Yipheeeee! Happy Cruisin'

·
Registered
277 Posts
Auto Volume

I just asked the same question. I was told by the dealer that if the radio has the Bose speakers I only have to hit the auto volume control and toggle between on and off. If your SSR doesn't have Bose speakers you should be able to sellect between low, medium, and high, otherwise it's full range. My auto volume doesn't work and the service department assures me it is working. I'll tollerate it for awhile and then deal with them.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Av

I spent about 15 mins trying to see if the auto volume worked.... :mad

It didn't. The only thing that does work is when the top is lowered the volume bumps up, but no volume change when speeds change either with the top up or top down.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
You volume goes up when you lower the top? Mine goes down when I lower my top? Was your AVOL on at the time.? Now I will have to go play with it some more. My AVOL was off when I put the top down the last time. Time to play !

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Top down, volume up.

The Bose stereo gets louder when the top reaches the stowed position, before the tonnue starts closing.

I think it's actually a change to the eq. to compensate for the lack of a top to bounce the noise around. Admittedly a loud shift. My Sebring did the same thing but not as loudly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts