Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how the auto volume control actually works? My SSR has the Bose speakers and according to the manual all I need to do is hit the auto volume button and it will toggle on or off. No matter what I do, it doesn't seem to work and the service department assures me it is working. One time while sitting at a light with the top down I heard a few beeps and suddenly the volume went up, but this has happened only once.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
auto volume

I also have a Z28 with the auto volume. In it I have a choice of off, low, mid, and high (although it's on a dial and not LED displayed). It works as expected, as you go faster the sound increases. I really believe that the auto volume in the SSR is NOT working. But I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
working?

Brownhornet,

This is not what I was talking about. I was talking about the volume changing as your speed changes (or interior noise changes due to wind/road noise). My volume changes when I put the top up/down, but I don't believe that that is controlled by the AutoVol. Try this, turn your AutoVol off and see if the volume still changes when you put the top up/down.

·
Registered
601 Posts
looking4_an_ssr

I understand now. I will be trying this, this weekend. I am taking a trip over to the Eastern Shore of Maryland for a boat show. The weather is going to be nice so I will have a chance to drive more than 10minutes with the top down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts