Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For your info. Got a call from @mtr317 (Mike Ryan) he who was in Nashville. His 04 automatic would shift from 1st to 3rd missing 2nd but not into 4th. I had no idea what problem was. I called Mike Moro, he gave me phone # for Greg from Phoenix transmission. Mike called Greg and he suggested changing ignition switch. Mike called me and said the new Ignition switch solved the problem. Who would of thought. I remember @Dicktator saying everything goes thru ignition switch. Glad I could help via phone. Just FYI.

·
Slingshot Rules!
79,652 Posts
For your info. Got a call from @mtr317 (Mike Ryan) he who was in Nashville. His 04 automatic wouldn shift from 1st to 3rd missing 2nd but not into 4th. I had no idea what problem was. I called Mike Moro, he gave me phone # for Greg from Phoenix transmission. Mike called Greg and he suggested changing ignition switch. Mike called me and said the new Ignition switch solved the problem. Who would of thought. I remember @Dicktator saying everything goes thru ignition switch. Glad I could help via phone. Just FYI.
Bummer, Robert . . . where were you when The Doophus was acting up?

I don't remember all of the particulars but a couple years ago, The Doophus was shifting "goofy" from time to time. After a few months of his "goofiness" I decided time to take him to the local Chevy Dealer for help. Replacing the TCM (if I remember the correct letters) and charging me about 700 plus bucks, the problem went away and has not returned since.

A new Ignition Switch would have been much less expensive.

Maybe I need to relocate to Tennessee.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer, Robert . . . where were you when The Doophus was acting up?

I don't remember all of the particulars but a couple years ago, The Doophus was shifting "goofy" from time to time. After a few months of his "goofiness" I decided time to take him to the local Chevy Dealer for help. Replacing the TCM (if I remember the correct letters) and charging me about 700 plus bucks, the problem went away and has not returned since.

A new Ignition Switch would have been much less expensive. Maybe I need to move to Tennessee.

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !
All I did was get some phone #'s.

·
SSR Believer
2,289 Posts
Based on Dicktaor’s and Mike’s advice I replaced the ignition switch shortly after we bought our R (it was a newer one, but better safe than sorry).. I carry a new one JIC as well.

Hadn’t heard about the shifting issue though. Good to know!

Thanks for posting. 👍

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on Dicktaor’s and Mike’s advice I replaced the ignition switch shortly after we bought our R (it was a newer one, but better safe than sorry).. I carry a new one JIC as well.

Hadn’t heard about the shifting issue though. Good to know!

Thanks for posting. 👍
He said this is not the original switch. It has been replaced. Don't know how long ago.

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
I owe a big THANK YOU to Mike Roe, Robert and Greg for all their effort in helping me out . I was in panic mode and was ready to ship my truck back home. I could not get anyone in the Nashville to even look at my truck. Then I looked at my phone and had Mike Roe's number so I started with him he got me Robert's number we talked about my problem he called Mike Moro and got Greg's number. So I called Greg as soon as I described the problem he told me it was in limp mode and was electrical. He said it sounded like the ignition switch. I went to an auto store bought a new switch and installed it and everything was back to normal. Afterwards I started to think about how my truck was running. At idle it had a miss, a couple of times the radio had no sound on starting and the top timed out once when I tried to put the top up as soon as I hit the switch I got the timed out message I turned of the ignition and restarted the truck and the top worked. I hope my experience with the ignition switch will help other Fanatics. The two switches i had in my tool box at home didn't help me I will now keep one in the truck . The switch was about four or five years old. I had replaced the original and then replaced it again when I had a problem with the dash cluster.
This is a true family and can't be happier to be part of it .

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I owe a big THANK YOU to Mike Roe, Robert and Greg for all their effort in helping me out . I was in panic mode and was ready to ship my truck back home. I could not get anyone in the Nashville to even look at my truck. Then I looked at my phone and had Mike Roe's number so I started with him he got me Robert's number we talked about my problem he called Mike Moro and got Greg's number. So I called Greg as soon as I described the problem he told me it was in limp mode and was electrical. He said it sounded like the ignition switch. I went to an auto store bought a new switch and installed it and everything was back to normal. Afterwards I started to think about how my truck was running. At idle it had a miss, a couple of times the radio had no sound on starting and the top timed out once when I tried to put the top up as soon as I hit the switch I got the timed out message I turned of the ignition and restarted the truck and the top worked. I hope my experience with the ignition switch will help other Fanatics. The two switches i had in my tool box at home didn't help me I will now keep one in the truck . The switch was about four or five years old. I had replaced the original and then replaced it again when I had a problem with the dash cluster.
This is a true family and can't be happier to be part of it .
Glad you got home safe. Now the next question, did you enjoy Nashville?

·
Premium Member
2,852 Posts
Glad you got home safe. Now the next question, did you enjoy Nashville?
Yes we a good time went to Antique Archaeology and was surprised it was pretty small there was several bikes and old signs but mostly meromelia for sale the whole building was an old factory with the machinery along the hall there were all kinds of cool shops. The Opry Mills mall was amazing we ate to two great restaurants one was all jungle scenes and the other a big Aquarium. We didn't see as much as we wanted but it was still a great way to spend our 53rd anniversary.

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes we a good time went to Antique Archaeology and was surprised it was pretty small there was several bikes and old signs but mostly meromelia for sale the whole building was an old factory with the machinery along the hall there were all kinds of cool shops. The Opry Mills mall was amazing we ate to two great restaurants one was all jungle scenes and the other a big Aquarium. We didn't see as much as we wanted but it was still a great way to spend our 53rd anniversary.
Happy Anniversary. Glad you had a good time. If you're ever up this way again give me a shout. We come down through Georgia quite often I will stop in Adairsville and look you up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts