Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this weekend's SCCA autocross near Dixon, IL, Ilsa and I were in a battle with a flashy yellow 'Vette for the CAM/S (Classic American Muscle/Special) class. We were within a second for most of the day, and the 'Vette put up an impressive time on his last run of the day. On her last run, Ilsa took off almost a second from her best run of the day and took first place in the class.

The SCCA usually does a great job of providing a wide range of classes so that just about any car type can be competitive; but there are too few SSR's autocrossing to warrant a class for Ilsa and I to be competitive, so they add us to CAM/S which is Corvettes, Vipers, and 4800 lb. SSR's. Usually, the only time that we finish first, second, or third is when there are fewer than three other vehicles in the class, but we legitimately beat a 'Vette yesterday!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,612 Posts
Yahoooooo!!!

Nick

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,368 Posts
Dang, that is VERY cool news indeed! I have raced autocross and there is just no way I would think an SSR would be at all competitive with those aforementioned class of cars. That really says something about the work you've done on the truck but mostly your driving skills. Autocross really emphasizes the skill of the driver over HP.

Do you have POV or spectator view video on Youtube? Would love to watch the R in action. Great job :smile2:

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
My brother is on the SCCA national board, I'll have to tell him to keep you supplied with competition. :lol

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
great job, the yellow ones are faster

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've done a bunch of autocrossing over the years. But I just can't imagine an SSR competing with a car from any class in an event, especially an SCCA one. I'd really love to see video of that. That truck must really be something. Sorry, I thought Ilsa was your wife. That's how stupid I am.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, it works for me, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure out how to fix it. Nice squid, though, hey?

Well, even after logging in there are no SSR videos, just one of a squid off the FL coast.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts