Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my transmission shifts from 1st to second there is a bump just after the shift. Under light acceleration the bump is light or not at all. under hard acceleration the bump is hard. Is this a characteristic of the 4L65E? Has anyone else had this happen? My R has about 88000 miles on it. Thanks!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,083 Posts
When my transmission shifts from 1st to second there is a bump just after the shift. Under light acceleration the bump is light or not at all. under hard acceleration the bump is hard. Is this a characteristic of the 4L65E? Has anyone else had this happen? My R has about 88000 miles on it. Thanks!

Not sure what you mean when you say bump. Might want to talk to Greg Ducato out of Texas. He is the transmission guru. He could answer your question.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I had the bump also. My Transmission Guy who was factory trained on the SSR
said that there are three adjustments: Smooth, Moderate and Hard.
He adjusted from Moderate to Smooth with his Electronic Tech Tool.
Worked for me.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
When my transmission shifts from 1st to second there is a bump just after the shift. Under light acceleration the bump is light or not at all. under hard acceleration the bump is hard. Is this a characteristic of the 4L65E? Thanks!
Yup, every time, drives me nuts....
It could be your head hitting the back window...:grin2:

Just joking. As stated, Greg Ducato is the transmission guru.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Did you just get your truck this year? Did you put the 88K mi on yourself? If you bought from a previous Fanatic owner, it may have Greg's servo installed and maybe even have had a "tune" done to stiffen up the 1-2 shift. Just a thought.... (I don't like slippery shifts between gears, myself)....

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,083 Posts
Did you just get your truck this year? Did you put the 88K mi on yourself? If you bought from a previous Fanatic owner, it may have Greg's servo installed and maybe even have had a "tune" done to stiffen up the 1-2 shift. Just a thought.... (I don't like slippery shifts between gears, myself)....

I had the Corvette Servo put in mine and the dyno tune to firm up the shifts also. No slush box for me. It slams into gears and chirps the tires just the way it should. Loose sloppy shift is not good for the longevity of the transmission.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,679 Posts
Lot of good questions above.

I have one more, have you or do you know if transmission has been serviced, ie. filter change and 100% synthetic oil?

I did mine at about 50K plus tune and transmission tune.

Big difference.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the ideas, I've only had my R for almost a year and I don't know anything about the previous owner.
I did change the filter and fluid, but didn't use synthetic ATF. No change in the shift pattern though. I'll check on the codes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts