Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Autoweek arrived in my PO box this am with a couple articles on the SSR. One good and the other BAD! Page 34 contains the "Autofile" review of the SSR with hardly a good thing to say about our truck. While I may agree with a few of their comments, this is still one of the coolest vehicles ever made! Yes, there is room for improvement but, this is still ONE COOL TRUCK! The introduction of a larger, more powerful motor is typical of the auto industry to keep sparking interest in a new model.

What does the future hold for values of our truck with articles like this? Time will tell. I would still bet that 05 is the last production year as hinted to me by an assembly line worker at the Craft Center who lives in my town.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I try not to engage in a battle of wits with the intellectually challenged! That's all I have to say about their negativity.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
SSR Slammed by Autoweek

:rant Seems like in order to get a thumbs up by the critics, a car has to cost 100k plus and be an exotic import, with rare exceptions. I have owned every new retro car (Beetle, PT Cruiser,Mini Cooper, Prowler,T-Bird, SSR) and loved them all! Yes each had their minor faults, but AUTOWEEK, give the SSR a break!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My wife just got me a new book with great responses to situations like this when they insult your ride. Try these next time:

-You possess an intellect rivalled only by garden tools.
-I can see that you are flirting with intelligence but getting the cold shoulder.
-You are yet another idiot suffering from diarrhoea of the mouth and constipation of the brain.
-Thank you, we're all refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.
-Every person has the right to be ugly, but you are abusing the priviledge. :jester

·
Registered
87 Posts
Autoweek

Okay, I apologize!

I've written to them in the past and my comments were fairly presented. This time I wrote an entire page of priase and all they printed was a highly edited version of one sentence that related to improvements that should be incorporated over time.

Shame on me. I've had enough media training to know that they can always grab a 10 second 'sound bite' and twist the whole thought in a way that conveys their slant on the news.

I already drafted my feelings and sent them on their way but I guarantee it won't make the 'letters to the editor' column.

In the mean time I'm going to have to tape my original letter to Autoweek on the window of our SSR when we join the group in the GM compound at the Woodward Dream Cruise or they'll toss me out!

By the way, I wouldn't trade our SSR for any of the other featured trucks.... well, maybe the ASC Blackbird.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts