Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone -- Pickup my new SSR, but one thing I miss with the factory stereo is the ability to jack in my portable MP3 player. SO before I do alot of digging around, has anyone integrated the chevy aux input on the SSR.

Thanks much --

the beej.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Beej said:
Hello everyone -- Pickup my new SSR, but one thing I miss with the factory stereo is the ability to jack in my portable MP3 player. SO before I do alot of digging around, has anyone integrated the chevy aux input on the SSR.

Thanks much --

the beej.
There's a couple of threads already dealing with this - but, for about $30 - $35 you can buy a broadcaster that plugs into the headphone jack of your MP3 player and you can set it to play to an unused station - usually 88.1. Been using it for almost a year with my Nomad Zen and it works great. Just a little tough to fiddle with the MP3 player while you're driving - so playlists are a great idea. The unit is available under different brand names at Best Buy, Fry's, CompUSA, etc.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found the other thread, so I'm canceling this one....

I'm going to review existing threads and will repost there....

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beej said:

Thanks much --

the beej.
FYI - I do not think there are aux jacks. To do this you will need a modulator that plugs into your antenna. It works very well. I first tried the broadcast gandget which you can buy at BestBuy. It works OK but still pretty staticy. I know Belkin is coming out with a broadcaster this year which will improve and find the best channel to broadcast on so you do not get the static. I have yet to see it in stores.

here is a link to the ones that BestBuy has >> http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=cat08102&type=category

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SPEDS said:
Try this http://store.yahoo.com/logjam/piegm12aux.html

Is this what you are looking for?

Has anybody tried this device??
This is exactly wha I am looking for also. As the modulator works well but the sound quality is not as good as the radio and CD. I think this will solve that issue. I will call this company do get more info. Also if anyone has tried please post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts