Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 05 truck im looking at does not have it from the factory can I have the Dealer do it? Has anyone here had it put in by the Dealer? If so how much?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Install is easy, and if you can work with basic tools, you ccan install it yourself in an hour or so. Toughest job is cutting the carpet, and removing the padding underneath so the gauges will allow the ashtray to open.

The gauges themselves just plug into a harness that is already in place.

Not sure what a dealer would charge, but anything over an hours would be excessive.

Make sure you get the gauge set for the 05-06 trucks. The gauge set from the 03-04 will not work.

Do a search under auxiliary gauges - instructions on the process have been posted there.

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Flassh said:
Install is easy, and if you can work with basic tools, you ccan install it yourself in an hour or so. Toughest job is cutting the carpet, and removing the padding underneath so the gauges will allow the ashtray to open.

The gauges themselves just plug into a harness that is already in place.

Not sure what a dealer would charge, but anything over an hours would be excessive.

Make sure you get the gauge set for the 05-06 trucks. The gauge set from the 03-04 will not work.

Do a search under auxiliary gauges - instructions on the process have been posted there.

Ray
You would be better off to install yourself. I did it on my 04 and it was easy. Take your time. Took me 1 hour and 2 beers.

Mason :cheers

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh goodie Thanks, then it would be a good winter garage project... :) Something like that I will attempt myself I didnt know what all was involved.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Gauges

YES THEY CAN BE INSTALLED BY A DEALER TAKES 1HR TO DO. BUT AT $140.00 AN HOUR. DO IT YOURSELF. JUST TAKE YOUR TIME. COST ON PART IS $331.10 AT COST PLUS 10%. JUST PM ME IF YOU LIKE TO ORDER. THEY ALSO COME IN YOUR TRUCK COLOR WHEN YOU ORDER.....THANKS MARK :seeya.... LABER RATE HERE IN THE SF BAY AREA RANGES FROM $120.00-$155.00 AN HOUR. :cuss YOU PAY THE WHEN YOU LIVE OUT HERE.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One Last Cry for Help Before I Sign on the Dotted Line...

OK here goes. I now own an 04 Vette cpe. I have such a "taste" to buy this silver 05 leftover SSR my Dealer has. He is taking OVER 12K off of the 47K+ list of the SSR just to dump it even going into 1/2 of his holdback.. I have been a Corvette owner for many years and I am getting "Cold Feet". My Loan was just approved so there is really nothing holding me back. Why should I buy this SSR??? Please comment...and maybe why I shouldn't.
Thanks for helping make this VERY difficult decision. :ssr

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Buy It

BECAUSE IT IS THE COOLEST :cool LOOKING TRUCK ON THE PLANET. IT'S THE BEST THING SINCE SLICED BREAD,IT'S THE CAT MEWOW. ANYTHING ELSE IS SECOND BEST AND NOBODY REMEMBERS WHO CAME SECOND THATS JUST MY FEELINGS ON IT............I JUST LOVE IT....... :seeya

·
Registered
2005 SSR
436 Posts
If you are keeping the Vette along with the SSR you won't have any regrets.

I drive my SSR every day, work and play.

When we go to see family or a long road trip to the desert we take the 30mph Vette. There is also a Vette club here, but I have one of 5 SSRs.

Skip :flag

·
Banned
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I won an 05 cluster on E-Bay for $178.00. Now where is the connector hidden and is the temp sensor already installed from the factory?

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
ray cannot find guage install thread,can you help

thanks kirk

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Look under "guage package" here are some basic instructions supplied by another Forum member

take a razorblade and cut carpet from center front of console all the way forward. Fold both sides back and remove insulation and pad from underside of carpet from console forward. reach under left front of console and wiring is taped to floor look at far front and there is a brace with 2 10mm head bolts remove the one on left side lay your carpet back down and place guage bracket under ft edge of console and reinstall removed bolt though bracket .plug wiring into guages and snap into bracket Thats all there is to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts