Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANTED: Auxillary Gauge Pod for 04 SSR. R they all brushed aluminum or can we get them in color. Does someone have the part number for the Pod?

Please PM me if you have any info...

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
03/04 gauge pod was only available in satin. Thought about painting mine yellow, but it seemed wrong to ruin the satin finish, and I wasn't sure how easily it could be scuffed to paint over. It would be fairly easy to remove the gauges from the pod to paint it.

Part number 10387279, $268 including shipping from gmpartsdirect last winter.

PS - you gotta get rid of the avatar once your baby is painted - too painful to look at.

Ray

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Flassh said:
03/04 gauge pod was only available in satin. Thought about painting mine yellow, but it seemed wrong to ruin the satin finish, and I wasn't sure how easily it could be scuffed to paint over. It would be fairly easy to remove the gauges from the pod to paint it.

Ray
Thanks for the reply Ray.... I will get on gmpartsdirect and get one ordered up. I might opt to paint mine Sling Shot though... Am installing a supercharger and plan on putting the boost gauge, fuel pressure and intake air tempurature in the pod....

thanks again,

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
You're too quick, Rainwater - didn't get my edit with the PS done before you answered.:lol

Ray

·
Premium Member
9,353 Posts
When I got under the pod to remove the GPH gauge so I had a spot for the Dakota TPMS, I noticed the pod is manufactured in Canada - sure would be nice to get hold of a "rejected" part for bad paint or such to use in your case - seems a shame to pay the dollars for the gauges and pc board when all you need is the plastic.

Ray

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Flassh said:

PS - you gotta get rid of the avatar once your baby is painted - too painful to look at.

Ray
Sorry Perhaps I should change my handle to flassh too!!!!! ha! The avitar will go probably tomorrow as I just got my baby back from the body shop this afternoon with a new fender and front facia!!! I am very happy to have it back like it should be.....

Muchas Gracias!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flassh said:
When I got under the pod to remove the GPH gauge so I had a spot for the Dakota TPMS, I noticed the pod is manufactured in Canada - sure would be nice to get hold of a "rejected" part for bad paint or such to use in your case - seems a shame to pay the dollars for the gauges and pc board when all you need is the plastic.

Ray
I put a notice on the forum looking for one and went on Ebay to see if anything available. Was hoping to find one that someone else didn't want... No luck yet... I will keep at it for a couple fo daze though..

Thanks for the thoughts,

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts