Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SSR with the OEM radio - that I DON"T want to mess up because I think it is great!

But I would like to be able to run an MP3 player through it.

I have tried Jupiter Jack and similar with other vehicles and it is less than satisfactory.

Does anyone know of "an easy way" to hook up an auxiliary jack to the SSR OEM system for an MP3 player?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,620 Posts
There are several adapters available that connect to the Aux input in the back of the radio. They add a bit of depth to the radio and therefore require a bit of trimming of the cross brace behind the radio. I cannot remember the one I have right now but will look it up and get back here if you do not get a better answer soon. Mine does NOT allow use of the steering wheel controls for anything but volume when using the aux input.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
There are several adapters available that connect to the Aux input in the back of the radio. They add a bit of depth to the radio and therefore require a bit of trimming of the cross brace behind the radio. I cannot remember the one I have right now but will look it up and get back here if you do not get a better answer soon. Mine does NOT allow use of the steering wheel controls for anything but volume when using the aux input.
Thanks I'm interested in the same thing. Does anyone have a OE radio they could take pictures of the back?

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,055 Posts
Any of the available Aux adapters will require removal of the dash face and radio to install and as Bluestreak points out the steering controls are limited with the adapters.
Another option is a FM transmitter interface. Plugs into the power outlet under the dash, transmits your music to the radio over a preselected FM frequency. If you live in an area with open FM frequencies then this can be a viable option for you. Many have MP3, Bluetooth, USB and SD card input. You can find them at Target or WalMart for as little as $15 or spend more on a high end one. Do some research there are dozens and dozens of them out there.
With any of these devices most will only allow use of the volume control on the steering.
Greg

·
Registered
22 Posts
I installed an iSimple ISGM655 unit in my 2005. It works well. It gives me an AUX input, USB input and BlueTooth from my phone. You do need to remove the radio (not so easy), but the actual install is simple plug and play once the radio is out. You can even use the seek and volume steering wheel controls. It also gives you hands free calling to your phone (microphone included, speaker comes through the radio) but I never use that function.

See the following link.

https://isimple.com/catalog/professional-installed-kits/isgm655

1 - 6 of 6 Posts