Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I asked for advice on driving the OEM Bose radio with an MP3 player since it has no auxiliary jack.

The suggestions included modifying the radio to install a jack or finding an FM transmitter device to feed the radio.

I purchased from Walmart for $13.99 a JETech Wireless FM transmitter and it works great.

The old Jupiter jacks were pretty bad and are no longer available. The battery would run down fast (max 10 hours), it had a weak FM transmitter, only allowed two FM stations that you hoped were blank and, if you played for long, your MP3 battery would drain down.

The JTech plugs into the 12 Volt plug so has essentially unlimited power. It has a strong transmitter that easily drives the radio. It is digitally tuned to whatever blank or even weak station you want to use. It also has a USB port so you can keep your MP3 player charged.

The unit is small and easily put away in its pouch in the glove box.

A very good alternative to modifying the OEM radio and for a low price.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I used fuse tap to wire up a ROIDMi FM transmitter so i wouldn't have to plug and unplug it.. It worked a little too well: it "stepped on" frequencies on the high and low ends of the dial. I had to disconnect it to be able to listen to all my stations. I plug the transmitter in when I want to listen to the tunes on my phone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts