Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my new console gauge pod and instaled it today.It's working beautifully on my 03 SSR and looks great.
The install was clear and straight forward.I must admit the pucker factor of step one is about an 8.4. "first cut the carpet"
It's a good thing I don't smoke anymore cause the ashtray won't deploy all the way down.

·
Registered
413 Posts
if ashtray doesnt open fully you diddnt take out enough padding

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
When I installed my aux gauge cluster, the ash tray would open all of the way but it was darn close the the top of the gauge cluster when open. I would have to agree that not quite enough padding was removed, but if you don't use the ash tray, I guess it's not a problem. :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
guage pkg

Any pictures, have a 04 slingshot,wanted the yellow guage pkg, was told by dealer it only comes in the satin for 04 & the 05 wont fit the 04,they are so far away I wonder if they wont be hard to read,look really cool. Was quoted $290 & 1 hour labor if they install. opinions, ideas, Thanks- :seeya

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smokin Gauges

Thanks for the info,I'll grab the old saw and rake out some more of the jute and foam.
Have you checked out your gauges at night? I love the way they are lighted.

·
Administrator
8,206 Posts
Nice under any light!

53wanab said:
Thanks for the info,I'll grab the old saw and rake out some more of the jute and foam.
Have you checked out your gauges at night? I love the way they are lighted.
HI 53wanab,

I think they should be standard on all future SSRs. I too like the looks at night time. I feel they fill that void under the dash very nicely. If installed correctly the ash tray clears the gauges easily. One problem... I had to replace my GPH (gallons per hour) gauge for it was showing I was below 0 gallon usage per hour :confused :lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gauges

Hey Marc, My gauges kinda hung up the first time I powered up but then as I drove they seemed to clear kinda like the computer was getting used to the new hardware.All a functioning properly,I hope they stay that way.I feel loke I'm on a boat when gauges read gallons per hour.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yellow gauges

Hey Paulkopic,

You can try ebay, I was looking and I thought I saw one guy advertising that he had color gauges available.

Personally, I would play it safe and order the correct package for your paticular vin. run and have your local paint shop take care of the color.
The gauges are not hard to read especially if your nearsighted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How long did it take you to install your gauge package? I ordered a set today from the dealer I purchased our SSR. He said it could be 3 days to 2 weeks before they are here.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
2005 gauges

have a new set of satin silver gauges I got sent to me wrong. I got a 2004 set in use. anybody interested in buying the 05 set up? leave me a message

·
Registered
413 Posts
kellyinok said:
How long did it take you to install your gauge package? I ordered a set today from the dealer I purchased our SSR. He said it could be 3 days to 2 weeks before they are here.
should take no longer than 45 minutes I did first set in 30 secund set for a friend in about 20

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kellyinok said:
Take your time and have fun.Did mine in less than an hour.Sorry it's going to take so long to get them.They really do complete the console.Very cool.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Auxilary Guage Package Instructions

anyone have a copy of the installation insturctions for the auxilary guages?
my dealer did not do a proper install and was wanting to check this out!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there a gauge package available for 2003? I originaly ordered mine with the gauges but when it came in I was told they were not available.

·
Registered
395 Posts
03 gauges

Yes they are available for the 03, GM partsdirect lists the same part # for the 03 & 04 10397279
Hope this helps.
BILL :thumbs

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
You can also order from your dealer or there is almost always one on Ebay. Just make sure you get the one for an 03 or 04. The 05 has a different setup and from what others are saying they are not interchangable.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does anybody know what drives the aux gauges? It is my impression that they are all driven by the 'computer' and therefore are not analog gauges. My voltmeter worked fine for the first week of ownership. The radio speaker output dissappeared for two days although the radio controls all seemed functional. When the audio output re-appeared, the voltmeter started reading 16 volts when the engine was running although reads a little under 13 volts before one turns the starter over (which is correct). So I suspect that the voltmeter is OK but whatever drives it, has gone south. I'm hampered since the '05 service manuals are still not available although the dealer will end up with this one when I have more of a reason to go visit him.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Something I noticed...

...on the new 05. We don't have our gauges yet, but the other morning when I was driving (it was about 25 degrees (F) out) I saw an ice warning in the DIC. I guess the sensors are already doing their thing!!

Diggs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts