Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SSR Smokin Asphalt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iam looking for the auxiliary gauge package for a 2003-2004 SSR if anyone has one

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,475 Posts
A heads up the 03/04 is different from the 05/06 ones. The gauges are different and the later will not work in the earlier trucks. There were also less of them made for the earlier trucks so that usually means a higher cost. One other thing to note is the bracket that mounts them are the same from 03-05 and the 06 used a smaller bracket. The brackets are also difficult to find by them selves, so if you find a set try to get it complete with the bracket. Some have put them in with out a bracket and had them just setting there with no issue.
Good Luck

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,738 Posts
@Greg604, Check the "SSR Parts for Sale/Wanted" thread. Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Nick & Kathy

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
There’s 3 on eBay ranging from 559.00 free shipping / 625.00 + $30.00 shipping and $640.0 + $28.00 shipping they are all for the 05-06 no mounting brackets

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,504 Posts
Another heads up. They are more for the cool look and bragging rights as they are not very accurate and the location just about makes you run in the ditch trying to read them going down the road. I have them and like them but just wanted you to know so you are not disappointed. Some guys get the set and put digital very accurate light up gauges in the holder. Easier to read and very accurate.

·
Registered
2004 SSR Smokin Asphalt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another heads up. They are more for the cool look and bragging rights as they are not very accurate and the location just about makes you run in the ditch trying to read them going down the road. I have them and like them but just wanted you to know so you are not disappointed. Some guys get the set and put digital very accurate light up gauges in the holder. Easier to read and very accurate.
I would agree but that is the only option Iam missing on my SSR and trying to at least find an original set

·
Registered
2004 SSR Smokin Asphalt
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would agree but that is the only option Iam missing on my SSR and trying to at least find an original set
Auggie I see you are from Sturgis and David Hersrud is a very good dealer friend of mine

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
You know you would think that for as long as these trucks have been around 18 years now, and with all the new injection molding process and carbon fiber molding that someone would have made a mold of the gauge pod and produced them. JUST A THOUGHT

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,504 Posts
I know of him but don't really know him. They had a Chevy dealership in Sturgis but sold out a couple years ago.

·
Premium Member
2005 Redline SSR 6 speed, 2013 Porsche Cayenne S 4.8 Liter, 1990 Harley Davidson FatBoy FLSTF
202 Posts
A heads up the 03/04 is different from the 05/06 ones. The gauges are different and the later will not work in the earlier trucks. There were also less of them made for the earlier trucks so that usually means a higher cost. One other thing to note is the bracket that mounts them are the same from 03-05 and the 06 used a smaller bracket. The brackets are also difficult to find by them selves, so if you find a set try to get it complete with the bracket. Some have put them in with out a bracket and had them just setting there with no issue.
Good Luck
Another great example that separates this group from others, Stlhotrod your helping guide another member that may not know about the difference between the years, and yes the mounting brackets is great useful advise. I appreciate reading these responses from one to another member.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
You know you would think that for as long as these trucks have been around 18 years now, and with all the new injection molding process and carbon fiber molding that someone would have made a mold of the gauge pod and produced them. JUST A THOUGHT
I have seen someone listing a housing on Ebay that looks like it might be a fiberglass reproduction. What I really want to know is I have seen many many for sale with out brackets. Where did all of these brackets go to? I could see some of the salvage ones being removed and not knowing they needed to pull the bracket as well. I would bet I have seen more for sale with out the bracket as ones with them.

Here is what the brackets look like for anyone wondering if a set they are looking at has the bracket with it or not. The 03-05 bracket is on the left and the 06 is on the right.

·
xs-cash
2,825 Posts
03/04 gauges are pretty hard to find , as we all know ! I believe ZZR or somebody like that made a few fibreglass gauge pods yrs ago, but like him they gone too. Now that I said that somebody will come up one of the fibreglass ones. Lol

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
The gauges them selves are different and what they read.
03/04 has Voltage, Fuel consumption (basically vacuum gauge), Trans temp gauge
05/06 has voltage, Torque and out side temp
The different year trucks don't have the correct sensors for the gauges.

and from what I have seen about $200-$300 more in the asking prices for the 03/04 ones

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,291 Posts
Besides just the sensors, it is programing on the R's Class 2 data bus and on the decoder/demux-d/a converter in the gauge pod.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,478 Posts
3D printer would do it

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
3D printer would do it
That’s turn but not sure if the cost for electricity and material would be worth the it in the end. I just got my woodworks mag today and they are having a sale o Resin Casting and Silicone Casting Molds i think I’ll do some research on how the process works i saw it used on a rod show a while back and the part they reproduced looked and fit just like the old one seams like it was a side marker light lens.

·
Registered
2005 Supercharged "Flaming Yellow Tweety"
164 Posts
Iam looking for the auxiliary gauge package for a 2003-2004 SSR if anyone has one
I have an 05/06 gauge package if anyone is interested.

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
If you're planning a repo gage bracket, how about turning the gages toward the driver a little.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts