Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
I think you wouldn't be able to swivel the gauges if using the factory ones because of the control board they mount to for all of their electrical connections. Now if using aftermarket you would only be limited by the connections they needed to get to the back of the gauges. The biggest problem would be with an after market set up of gauges and housing would still be how to secure it. The factory used a big bulky bracket that was for the most part hidden by the gauge housing. I know some have said they didn't use a bracket when they added a gauge set but I would still want something to hold it in place myself. One might be better off if the three gauges were filled with smiley faces one comes on when the top is down for permagrin, one with a half hearted smile for when top is up and a/c is on. And lastly a frowny face for when the wind shield wipers are on and its raining. :) 馃槓 :( or for a certain deer hunter maybe they could be :) :ROFLMAO: 馃檭

BAD BOW TIE
Years ago someone built a pod that was mounted center dash on top and another person mounted them in the A pillar on your left at eye level. Both were marketing those mountings but don't remember who it was. Much more usable.

Another thing I noticed was mine has the volt meter which is always pegged once started, then there is the torque meter which is of no use and finally the temp gauge. The temp gauge is almost always pegged in the summer and very hard to read. Seems like a digital one would be more accurate and easy to read at a glance.

Reactions: Mr Met and DOOPHUS

Registered
You would also need to redesign the cluster. Not sure how much it would help since the gauges are hard to see when driving. Angling the gauge faves may make them a tiny bit easier to see but a lot of work for little benefit. It would look cool though

Registered
I got a new set of 03-04 console gauges with pod and bracket BUT NO COMPUTER BOARD!!! WON'T WORK WITHOUT COMPUTER BOARD I got mine in the middle of dash

21 - 24 of 24 Posts